Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Brandon Marshall is Available Again (Cut By Raiders)

Will The Ravens Add Marshall?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Ravens sign Marshall

• Yes .... No doubt
    • No ... They will stick with what they have
    • Possibly....Ravens approach Right Player - Right Price

Ravens were believed to had offered him a long term deal. Wanted him to wait until after draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/01/ravens-lost-out-on-free-agent-lb-brandon-marshall-by-trying-to-keep-comp-picks/amp/

Marshall spent most of training camp getting healthy. He’s says he is now health and ready to go.

Should the Ravens be interested?

Do you think they should be?

Personally, I think the 2 current needs are Oline and Middle LB. so yes they should be interested. My guess is the Ravens will kick the tires if Marshall is healthy.

20 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Personally, I think the 2 current needs are Oline and Middle LB. so yes they should be interested. My guess is the Ravens will kick the tires if Marshall is healthy.

20 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think both of these are true.  He's not a major need, but they'll kick the tires anyway.  O-Line should have been a priority as soon as last season ended but it looks like we're once again dumpster diving, waiting to see who gets cut before Week 1.  😤

36 minutes ago, Elbren said:

I think both of these are true.  He's not a major need, but they'll kick the tires anyway.  O-Line should have been a priority as soon as last season ended but it looks like we're once again dumpster diving, waiting to see who gets cut before Week 1.  😤

I agree .about the Oline...Trading Lewis and Eluemanpr has left them with no starting LG. 

16 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree .about the Oline...Trading Lewis and Eluemanpr has left them with no starting LG. 

They didn't have one even with those guys. That being said I would've preferred to keep Lewis. Eluemonor was a great trade.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, Brian88 said:

They didn't have one even with those guys. That being said I would've preferred to keep Lewis. Eluemonor was a great trade.

How is it a great trade?  We picked Eluemor with the 159th pick.  We are getting the Patriots 4th round pick which historically would be around 133.  And we gave up a 6th round pick. 

133 pick is worth :  39 

159th pick is worth 27.4

Middle sixth round pick is worth 15.  

So we give up 42.4 to get 39.  If we finish better or Patriots finish worse than expected could go up. Also could go down if we finish worse.  

Seems pretty much a wash.  

26 minutes ago, atomic said:

How is it a great trade?  We picked Eluemor with the 159th pick.  We are getting the Patriots 4th round pick which historically would be around 133.  And we gave up a 6th round pick. 

133 pick is worth :  39 

159th pick is worth 27.4

Middle sixth round pick is worth 15.  

So we give up 42.4 to get 39.  If we finish better or Patriots finish worse than expected could go up. Also could go down if we finish worse.  

Seems pretty much a wash.  

What does where Eluemenor was drafted in 2017 have to do with his value in 2019? He has proven to be terrible, injury prone, and a penalty waiting to happen. There was a real chance that he wasn't even going to make the team. 

48 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

What does where Eluemenor was drafted in 2017 have to do with his value in 2019? He has proven to be terrible, injury prone, and a penalty waiting to happen. There was a real chance that he wasn't even going to make the team. 

Well obviously the Patriots saw differently.  5th rounders dont start their first year in most cases.  They take a while to get up to speed.  He started games last year so I would say he wasnt a total bust. And probably typical of his draft position.

34 minutes ago, atomic said:

Well obviously the Patriots saw differently.  5th rounders dont start their first year in most cases.  They take a while to get up to speed.  He started games last year so I would say he wasnt a total bust. And probably typical of his draft position.

You realize it took injuries to the great James Hurst and Alex Lewis for him to get off of the practice squad and see playing time right? And he of course played poorly.

14 hours ago, Brian88 said:

You realize it took injuries to the great James Hurst and Alex Lewis for him to get off of the practice squad and see playing time right? And he of course played poorly.

I don't understand the contract that the Ravens gave Hurst.

10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I don't understand the contract that the Ravens gave Hurst.

I didn't then and still don't