Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Going for the Mini-Sweep (GAME TWO, 9/03)

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - 2B

Mason Williams - CF

Anthony Santander - RF 

Renato Nunez - DH 

John Dwight Smith, Jr. - LF

Pedro Severino De Leon - C

Rio Ruiz - 3B 

Chris Davis - 1B

Richie Martin SS

Gabriel Ynoa Gomez - RHP )) (1-7, 5.93 ERA) 

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

Eric Sogard - 2B

Thomas James "T.J." Pham - DH

Austin Meadows - LF

Travis d'Arnaud - C

최지만 - 1B

Avisail Antonio Garcia Yaguarin - RF

Kevin James "K.J." Kiermaier - CF

Willy Rafael Luna Adames - SS

Joseph Patrick "J.P." Wendel - 3B

Andrew Michael Kittredge - RHP )) (1-0, 4.50 ERA) 

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

The acoustics on the Rays radio feed is very cozy. I can hear  a couple fan conversations in two different languages. The walk up music is  an order of magnitude or two higher than the ambient crowd murmur.

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

The acoustics on the Rays radio feed is very cozy. I can hear  a couple fan conversations in two different languages. The walk up music is  an order of magnitude or two higher than the ambient crowd murmur.

There is virtually no ambient crowd noise because there's virtually no crowd.

Villar will get some flack for not being aware that Davis didn't run home, but Davis's running was ridiculous.  How does a player not score from second base on a ball hit off the wall?

People can complain all they want about how unfair it is to have a rule requiring runners to get in the 3-foot lane before they reach first base, but unfair or not, it is the rule.

The Orioles really ought to get used to complying with the rule.

The coaches ought to be telling them, every day, "If you bunt and you're running to first, get in the three-foot lane and get ready to touch the base with your left foot as you go by.  Do NOT give the umps a chance to call you out for interference."

If Martin could have done that, the Orioles would have had two runs home and Villar on third base with nobody out.

Edited by WillyM

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I hope afterwards Tony or weams might have a Luke insight or two whoever we end up with, but I double hope that if we end up going Gonzales as I remember Luke being pretty bullish on him before signing on.  I am sure Sig has the park effects thing in the Decision Sciences toolkit.
    • #50THANNIVERSARY Entering play on this day in 1970, the Baltimore Orioles had a record of 33-15 and held a 7.5 game lead over the New York Yankees (26-23) in leading the American League East. The Birds had the 3rd best record in all of MLB by winning % behind the Cincinnati Reds (.720) and the Minnesota Twins (.705). The Orioles had a 20-9 record during the month of May.
    • I can't believe the Orioles are seriously considering Nick Gonzales at #2. This has to be a ploy to aid in their negotiations with Martin
    • I do agree with you that there is no Strasburg/Verlander in this draft.   That is true in most drafts.   Then again Martin  does not have the potential that a team would normally want in a #2  pick either.  Not at lot of power and 2nd basemen are rarely picked #2.   As has been pointed put, Rickie Week is the only 2nd baseman that has been picked that high since 2000. I put Martin, Lacy and Hancock on the same level in terms of talent and odds of being successful.  I also think its harder to find high quality pitchers for Camden Yards then to find a good hitter.
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Orioles defeated the Oakland A's in Oakland by a score of 5-1.  Jim Palmer pitched his 6th complete game of the season and limited the A's to 5 hits while striking out 9 and walking 3. Oakland's lone run was a result of Frank Fernandez's 2nd inning RBI double; the lone extra-base hit Palmer surrendered in the game. Boog Powell went 3 for 5 and Merv Rettenmund went 1 for 4 with a double and 2 RBI to pace the Baltimore offense. BOX SCORE
    • I was in Colorado in August one year, and dang it was humid. A friend kept telling me about Arizona and how it was a dry heat and no humidity. For me, when I was in Phoenix, it was dang hot, dry or not dry, it was nasty hot. I tried visiting relatives in Florida one August, that was a mistake. I was wetter from walking to the house, to the car in the driveway, then if I had jumped into the pool, which in August, was pretty much a large hottub.
    • Your correct on all counts. Not nit picking on your part, I just didnt elaborate my statement and it look like i was just saying career WAR would get him in.
  • Popular Contributors