Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Going for the Mini-Sweep (GAME TWO, 9/03)

55 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's cool.  Figured you were listening to Haydn's String Quartet in E Flat or something.

Ummmm Haydn wrote 70 quartets. Which one in E flat were you referring to?

🙂

Arguing balls and strikes is part of the game.  I understand the logic for wanting an automated strike zone, I really do.  But watching a guy like Maddux expand the zone is high art that can't possibly be replicated by an automated strike zone.  It just can't.  Leave me alone.

1 hour ago, WillyM said:

People can complain all they want about how unfair it is to have a rule requiring runners to get in the 3-foot lane before they reach first base, but unfair or not, it is the rule.

The Orioles really ought to get used to complying with the rule.

The coaches ought to be telling them, every day, "If you bunt and you're running to first, get in the three-foot lane and get ready to touch the base with your left foot as you go by.  Do NOT give the umps a chance to call you out for interference."

If Martin could have done that, the Orioles would have had two runs home and Villar on third base with nobody out.

No one runs in the base line. No one complies with the rule. Watch all the runners going down to first and you'll see that almost all of them run inside the baseline because it's more comfortable to plant the right foot into the bag than the left for righties. Doing it with the left foot is awkward. It's a stupid rule and no one follows it not to mention that forcing compliance may lead to some nasty left leg injuries down past the bag. If this rule were strictly enforced, everyone running down the line would get called for it.

• Thanks 1

o

84% of the outs that Ynoa recorded (16 out of 19) came via the Groundout and the Strikeout.

He was incredibly pitch-efficient, and his Strikes-to-Balls ratio was also exemplary.

19 OUTS: 13 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

GABRIEL YNOA  GOMEZ )))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:lll6.33

H:llll 6 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 4 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll0

SO:lll2

Pitches: )l 67(51 )Strikes, )16 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 5.93 )l) 94.33 IP  (6058 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.325 )l )  94.33 IP  (125 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .270 ))  (103 for 382) 

PITCHES BY INNING

81 ll(6llStrikes, llll2 llBalls)

81 ll(7llStrikes, llll1 lllBalls)

11 lll(81 lStrikes, llllllBalls)

13 ll(10 llStrikes, llll3 llBalls)

12 lll(9llStrikes, llll3 llBalls)

61 lll(6llStrikes, llll0 llBalls)

91 lll(5llStrikes, llll4 lllBalls) ) *

* )) Ynoa recorded 1 out before departing in the 7th inning.

o

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ummmm Haydn wrote 70 quartets. Which one in E flat were you referring to?

🙂

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Did you just google that? :D

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Trey and/or Hyde ejected?

According to GameDay, only Hyde was ejected.

Mancini also came out of the game, but I think that was the plan all along.  Mancini had batted for Martin, so they needed to put a middle infielder in the game, and Wilkerson fit that role better than Mancini.

Just now, WillyM said:

According to GameDay, only Hyde was ejected.

Mancini also came out of the game, but I think that was the plan all along.  Mancini had batted for Martin, so they needed to put a middle infielder in the game, and Wilkerson fit that role better than Mancini.

Did they ever show a replay of the check swing?

Just now, O's84 said:

They showed a replay from overhead, which made it look like Mancini did not swing.

Then they showed a replay from ground level on the first base side, which made it look like he did swing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

The bat head broke the plane of the plate. It was a swing from the side view, but both Hunter and Roberts insist that it was borderline and could go either way. Roberts irritates me more every time I hear him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Yeah, from an overhead cam.

I would have called it no swing.   But as we all know there is no clear standard, there's a big gray area where it can get called either way.

• Thanks 1