OFFNY

vs. RANGERS, 9/05

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

Stewart should never play the field. Wow... his arm is even worse than I recalled.

YIkes.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Stewart should never play the field. Wow... his arm is even worse than I recalled.

I can live with it as a LF. It was bad throw though and bad luck. 

BTW why is WIlliams DHing instead of playing CF? Shdn't his role with WIlkerson be reversed?

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

BTW why is WIlliams DHing instead of playing CF? Shdn't his role with WIlkerson be reversed?

Trumbo was DH. Williams was pinch runner. 

Just now, LA2 said:

Williams pinch ran for Trumbo, who had doubled, so he took Trumbo's spot as DH. 

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

He pinch ran for the DH, Trumbo.   If you were to put him in the field you would lose the DH.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Here is an interesting 'draft comps' piece at MLB.com by Jim Callis and Jonathan Mayo. https://www.mlb.com/news/tool-twins-comparing-2020-draft-prospects?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage  
    • I am guessing none of them were racist.   
    • Boras can't do a lot here.  It would very likely cost any of these top picks a lot of money to not sign and go back to school for a senior year. I'd be fine with picking 1-3 in next year's stacked draft.
    • This is mostly where I am. I think we will see Martin taken. He is the best player available. His bat will play anywhere. If he was a legit proven SS, he would likely not be available at #2. I would play it safe and take Martin The Boras factor certainly is in play. Perhaps they are trying to save as much of the slot as they can for picks 30/39, which, in my opinion, are huge in this draft. Even if this speculation saves 300-500k from the #2 pick, it is worth it. There may certainly be some serious HS talent there, and it will not come cheap. Then they could maybe go underslot at rounds 3/4/5.  Zac Veen, however, may end up being much more athletic than most think. He is still growing and developing. When he gets more coordinated and comfortable in his own body, and gets stronger, I can see the Bellinger comps. He is fluid and loose, just needs to add more strength and explosiveness with training and nutrition. If Elias goes this route, it is risky, sure. But I won’t be upset with it if he saves some money and takes top sliding talents with 30/39. 
    • Just found out about this conflict, but I can say that only a person of minimal intelligence equates what Delmon Young did and what Akin did. Look up what Delmon young did, and not just once, and if you think they are in anyways similar, well then... This is an incredible mountain being made over an incredible mole hill.
    • Don't overthink it.   Martin.  Torkelson if Martin somehow goes first.    I think they are just negotiating whether directly or indirectly by suggesting the underslot scenario.  If Martin drops down a spot or two he loses money.   So having him think that they are trying to save some money on the #2 slot.   Just my guess and hope.   Lacy sounds good but there is so much risk on pitcher's health and the control is not A+.   I wouldn't hate Lacy at #2 but I'm not for it.   The HS OF is a corner guy so it's all about the bat.  Martin is more proven and can likely play 3B, 2B or CF.    Martin seems like a no brainer to me if he's there.   He would be a complete no brainer if he was a SS.  Semi no brainer at 2B.   Even at 3B or CF, his overall games seems to be the best of anyone, HS or college.   
  • Popular Contributors