Aglets

Game 1: Ravens @ Dolphins

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Baltimore
    • Miami

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 9/8/2019 at 17:00

14 hours ago, wd40 said:

The 2nd TD pass to Hollywood was a thing of beauty.

How about just the moves by Hollywood on the first one.  He took off, totally sold the CB on a go route, the second the CB flips his hips Hollywood breaks inside, separates, catches the pass in stride, dekes and does his best cheetah impression.  

That's a WR knowing the mechanics of being a WR, something I don't think the Ravens have had in a young guy in awhile/ ever.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Miami is basically an FCS NFL team, but that was an impressive showing by the Ravens. Grant it, Jackson had enough time to sit and have a sandwich before making his passes for most of the day, his accuracy on the long passes was impressive.

Gotta like what we saw, but similar to Maryland beating Howard, we'll need to see what the offense looks like against the Cardinals next week before getting truly excited.

It will be interesting to see what the team will do with Suggs going against them.  He can disrupt the best of offenses when he is on.  

But I am glad to see the team going for the long passes.  And Lamar only rushing for 6 yards.  Hopefully they keep airing it out.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

It will be interesting to see what the team will do with Suggs going against them.  He can disrupt the best of offenses when he is on.  

But I am glad to see the team going for the long passes.  And Lamar only rushing for 6 yards.  Hopefully they keep airing it out.  

I'm not worried about an old, washed up slow Suggs, even though he will be motivated in his return.

He's not a guy you game plan for anymore. He may be good for one or two good plays, and I wouldn't put a sack past him with all of his emotions in come back.

Either way, Jackson has that ability to make guys miss, but the Cardinals defense will definitely be better than that awful Dolphins defense.

Agree on Suggs. He's been wildly overrated the past few years. Great, he'll get a sack and maybe you double him some plays but he simply doesn't disrupt the way he used to.

Holy crap it felt good to have an actual offense with an actual offensive coordinator with an actual quarterback with actual weapons. Feels like we've been waiting for this forever. Yes it was Miami. But, still, those crisp, perfectly placed throws by Lamar should translate against anyone when you have a bunch of fast young weapons.

Arizona and KC will obviously be much better barometers to judge our offense. KC will be without Tyreek Hill against us so that is pretty big.

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not worried about an old, washed up slow Suggs, even though he will be motivated in his return.

He's not a guy you game plan for anymore. He may be good for one or two good plays, and I wouldn't put a sack past him with all of his emotions in come back.

Either way, Jackson has that ability to make guys miss, but the Cardinals defense will definitely be better than that awful Dolphins defense.

Suggs just had 2 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss.  Also a forced fumble.  They better game plan for Suggs he is still a top defensive player. 

12 minutes ago, atomic said:

Suggs just had 2 sacks and 2 tackles for a loss.  Also a forced fumble.  They better game plan for Suggs he is still a top defensive player. 

He may have had a good game, but he's hasn't been an elite pass rusher in four years and that's not changing at his age. 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm really just waiting to see if Elbren comes back on and explains why he thought the Dolphins would win? :D

Probably didn't do any research. How many undrafted players do the Dolphins have on their roster 18?  Things will not go well for them this year.    Reminds me of the Frank Kush years with the Colts.  Getting rid of everybody for no reason. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Probably didn't do any research. How many undrafted players do the Dolphins have on their roster 18?  Things will not go well for them this year.    Reminds me of the Frank Kush years with the Colts.  Getting rid of everybody for no reason. 

They are literally tanking. and when I mean tanking, like making sure they lose 16 games. Really strange to see an NFL team do this but I guess they figure if it's get them their Franchise QB of he future, it's worth it. 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

They are literally tanking. and when I mean tanking, like making sure they lose 16 games. Really strange to see an NFL team do this but I guess they figure if it's get them their Franchise QB of he future, it's worth it. 

Trevor Lawrence isn't coming out until 2021.  Seems like they  are doing this a year early. 

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wild that they trade for Rosen, while tanking for Tua at the same time.  Must be frustrating to be a Dolphins fan.

Had to record the game, so haven't watched.  Still skeptical on this team even after the showing.  I hope we finally have an offense to match our defense, but we also crushed the Bills last year in our opener.

17 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Wild that they trade for Rosen, while tanking for Tua at the same time.  Must be frustrating to be a Dolphins fan.

Well, Rosen is a guy who went 10th overall and after one year his team went out and drafted another franchise QB. 

59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tony, it's great to have you back on this board!   You have definitely been missed.   Here's hoping we have another good showing in the home opener.   Anyone hear anything about Jimmy Smith yet?

37 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Tony, it's great to have you back on this board!   You have definitely been missed.   Here's hoping we have another good showing in the home opener.   Anyone hear anything about Jimmy Smith yet?

Thanks. Ashamed to see Smith go down but it's not surprising. The guy is way too fragile for the NFL.