OFFNY

vs. RANGERS, 9/07

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure it was basically a clone of French's, that much is obvious.  I was just curious if it was actually Fench's.

Nothing was. All McD's. Except Coke and Sprite etc.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't defend Gary Thorne like I always do when he says things like DSJR has outstanding speed.

But Gary saw it for himself!

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well, at least we know the Orioles aren't going to bend over and grab their ankles for 9 innings here.

At least the hitters aren't.

Jury is out on the pitching.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

MD_2020.jpg

I only had the Grape and Orange Flavors of this. Didn't know about the other flavors.   Mad Dog 20/20 something you only drink if you don't have a job.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• While the Orioles relaxed on a day off, the Phillies blasted the Braves.   They led 13-1 after 8 great innings by Aaron Nola (who we will obviously miss),  but the Braves got 7 runs in the 9th inning to make the final score appear closer than the game was, 13-8.   In that 9th, Nick Markakis hit his 500th career double.  The rally in the 9th did force the Phillies to use an extra reliever they hadn't planned to. I hope the Orioles wear body condoms in the visiting clubhouse in Philadelphia that was infected by the Miami Lepers a couple weeks earlier.
    • Hasn't that been one of our biggest complaint about a lot of the pitchers we've tossed out there the last few years, many of whom are no in Korea?   They don't have a pitch they can finish guys off with. I'm sure sample size is a factor, but it does look like they have proactively attacked a team weakness and made at least some improvement.
    • Is that true? I remember that being part of the negotiations but I dont think it ended up being part of the deal since MLB unilaterally set the number of games. MLBTR seems to think there are still qualifying offers and so does Twitter, based on my searching. Mets beat writer seems to think a qualifying offer is still an option and nobody is correcting her, and since she is a woman on the internet writing about sports, I imagine she would be corrected by a million dudes if she was wrong.
    • I don’t disagree with anything you said, and I’m grateful you said it. Everyone needs a designated driver. But lemme play devil’s advocate for a moment. This is 60 games. ~12 starts instead of 30. 60 starters instead of 162, and several guys who can start a time or two and not ruin our lives. One trait of greatness is consistency. Over 60, that is less important than over 162. Our starters and our pen appear much superior to the last couple years. Not enough to matter in 162 because the long season takes a toll, And quality-or lack thereof- finds its level, but in 60 games? Sure. And remember the short season doesn’t help the best, because the best doesn’t need the benefits a short season offers. The defense is much better too, unless Nunez is playing third, anyway. so yes I agree with you, but it’s not out of the question.  
    • This was a nice read.  And that's not sarcasm.
    • No qualifying offers this season.
    • If Stroman gets a qualifying offer he would cost the O's their third pick (either the comp pick after round 2 or, if that pick is traded, their third round pick). Jake Odorizzi got a QO this off-season at the same age as Stroman with a less successful career to date. I think it is quite likely that Stroman gets one too.
  • Popular Contributors