Luke-OH

Austin Hays called up

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its not what it tells us.  Its what it tells Elias, Sig and Hyde.  I bet they analysize the heck out of how he does in September.

Being statically-minded, they will know not to put undue weight on a small sample.     

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Being statically-minded, they will know not to put undue weight on a small sample.     

Not to be funny, but it would be a shock if they did (pun intended).  🤠

Just now, wildcard said:

Whether how Hays preforms in September effects where he is played on OD 2020.

Thing is, you can't prove it made any difference.

Mullins did crap last year and made the team out of spring training, Stewart looked good in September and didn't.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Whether how Hays preforms in September effects where he is played on OD 2020.

Please explain to me how you’re going to prove any linkage.    It’s always going to be a combination of things.     But there’s no way that three weeks in September, in which he won’t even be playing full time, is going to outweigh how he’s done this regular season plus what happens in the AFL and next spring.    

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thing is, you can't prove it made any difference.

Mullins did crap last year and made the team out of spring training, Stewart looked good in September and didn't.

Neither were O's top 10 prospects.

Just now, wildcard said:

Neither were O's top 10 prospects.

I hear neither like wearing plaid on labor day.

Not sure how relevant that comment is but the same can be said of yours.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Please explain to me how you’re going to prove any linkage.    It’s always going to be a combination of things.     But there’s no way that three weeks in September, in which he won’t even be playing full time, is going to outweigh how he’s done this regular season plus what happens in the AFL and next spring.    

Can we agree that off Hays minor league play this season he would start next season at AAA?  Especially with Elias not wanting to rush players.

Just now, wildcard said:

Can we agree that off Hays minor league play this season he would start next season at AAA?  Especially with Elias not wanting to rush players.

Nope.  If they think he can hold down center on defense they might keep him for for that.  Like they did with Mullins this year.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.  If they think he can hold down center on defense they might keep him for for that.  Like they did with Mullins this year.

I don't agree with that.   That would be rushing Hays.  Elias more likely to place Hays at AAA until he hits well and use a guy like Williams or equal in center to begin 2020.

Now if Hays hits in September the might change.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I don't agree with that.   That would be rushing Hays.  Elias more likely to place Hays at AAA until he hits well and use a guy like Williams or equal in center to begin 2020.

Now if Hays hits in September the might change.

I'm sure you feel that way.

I'm no where near as confident I can guess what Elias is going to do.  I didn't think he'd play service time games with a guy that isn't even a consensus top 50 prospect.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure you feel that way.

I'm no where near as confident I can guess what Elias is going to do.  I didn't think he'd play service time games with a guy that isn't even a consensus top 50 prospect.

In fact, Hays' promotion this September tells me that Elias is not worried about service time with Hays. I could see him starting the season as the CF next year with a good spring. 

Hays slashed .303/.349/.505/.854 over his last 25 games this season at AAA so he was beginning to put up the numbers the team would like to see. 

I'd like to see Hays start everyday down the stretch this September and then go put up some numbers in the AFL. If he does that and puts up good numbers next summer, I don't see any reason why he won't start 2020 as the opening day CFer.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

In fact, Hays' promotion this September tells me that Elias is not worried about service time with Hays. I could see him starting the season as the CF next year with a good spring. 

Hays slashed .303/.349/.505/.854 over his last 25 games this season at AAA so he was beginning to put up the numbers the team would like to see. 

I'd like to see Hays start everyday down the stretch this September and then go put up some numbers in the AFL. If he does that and puts up good numbers next summer, I don't see any reason why he won't start 2020 as the opening day CFer.

Because if he is putting up good numbers next summer, it would already be the 2020 season...