Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. DODGERS, 9/10

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You would have to be pitch efficient enough to get through six with current usage guidelines.  No one is going to hang a 6IP/150 pitches on a guy in this day and age.

I know that’s why I made the comment. A guy like Blach, or anyone in our roster, for that matter, can’t be called an innings eater. Throwing fewer than 12 pitches per inning is rare this season.

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Tigers were losing 6-0 to the Yankees. Now 6-6.

Edwin Jackson vs Nestor Cortes, was the starting matchup.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I feel bad saying this because there's only a handful of games left this season but I can't watch this.  Time for Bill Burr.

It's good, I watched it earlier. Better than wasting your time watching the Dodgers wax the Orioles. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gavin Lux's first ML homer.  It came in an ML park.  He was wearing an ML uniform.

Whether or not he hit it off an ML pitcher...debatable.

And he managed to hit it to a Dodgers fan amidst all the O’s fans in the house.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's good, I watched it earlier. Better than wasting your time watching the Dodgers wax the Orioles. 

I can't lie, the preview I saw last week didn't look that great.  And it's gonna have to a lot to live up to after Chappelle's masterpiece from a couple weeks ago.  

Wade Miley's last start Thursday vs Seattle:  0.0 innings, 5 hits, 1 walk, 5 runs

Wade Miley's start tonight vs Oakland:  0.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 walk, 7 runs

That's an ERA of 324.00 and a WHIP of 36.00 over his last two starts.   He wishes he was as good as Ty  Blach.

The magic Astro Dust has finally worn off!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Wade Miley's last start Thursday vs Seattle:  0.0 innings, 5 hits, 1 walk, 5 runs

Wade Miley's start tonight vs Oakland:  0.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 walk, 7 runs

That's an ERA of 324.00 and a WHIP of 36.00 over his last two starts.   He wishes he was as good as Ty  Blach.

The magic Astro Dust has finally worn off!

Looks like the real Wade Miley stood up.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't lie, the preview I saw last week didn't look that great.  And it's gonna have to a lot to live up to after Chappelle's masterpiece from a couple weeks ago.  

I thought it was Burr's best special in years, but it's all subjective.

Consider that Thorne called one fly ball as "Goodbye home ---  off the wall"... it's nice to get out of the inning without allowing a run.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Was Villar good? Overall, he was very frustrating.He drove me nuts. Who is good? Puig is not a bad player, Though there have certainly been multiple comments about his attitude, but signing him will not give us a “trade chip” because anybody who wants him can sign him now, and he certainly isn’t going to get more valuable after 25 games with the Orioles. It’s much better to give playing time to the guys who have a future, and let them develop, or to the guys who have no future, and give them a reward for their hard work.  
    • I was surprised to see Nick Markakis and Manny Machado tied at an average of 91.2 mph, ranked #32 and #33, overall. Shocked to see Mike Trout down at #50. Guess he has some extra special voodoo in his bat.
    • Yeah but you got your "point" mixed up. If his slugging was .475, Iglesias and his .315 OBA would be a perfectly reasonable 6th-hole hitter. It's not a matter of his OBA. It's not a matter of Iglesias not being known for his bat. Nor is it a matter of "the O's batting order is so bad that a hitter with a career 315 OBP should hit sixth." (emphasis: mine) Meanwhile, Iglesias' .371 lifetime SP is higher than Ruiz's and Severino's.  I doubt Iglesias will hit sixth in many games.
    • Episode 3 of The Secret Monkey Quarantine Half Hour Show, featuring our guests this week, Daniel & Danny Chavis of The Veldt, a pioneering African-American psychedelia-soul outfit from Raleigh NC.  Our song to kick off the show was a cover of The Cowsills' "The Rain, The Park & Other Things" culled from video from 2 shows we did just prior to the stay-at-home orders and one from a driveway concert we played for our neighbors as they watched from their yards.     
    • Somewhere between Matt Wieters running downhill and Miggy Cabrera riding a mobility scooter.
    • There was a game scheduled on May 18, 1912 between the Philadelphia Athletics and the Detroit Tigers in Philadelphia. Before the game, all the Tigers' regular players announced that they were going on strike to protest the suspension of Ty Cobb for an incident three days earlier when he got into a fight with a fan. Detroit's management scraped together a team of whomever they could find and put them on the field to play the game.  The A's won the game, 24-2. In those days, newspaper box scores frequently abbreviated players' names with the liberal use of apostrophes.  One player's name appeared in the paper as L'nh's'r.  The comment was made, years later, that nobody ever knew whether the guy's name was Loopenhouser or Lagenhassinger, but they figured the guy's wife probably called him a liar when he said he'd played ball for the Detroit club that day. Well, by golly, Retrosheet has a boxscore of that game, including the player's full, unabbreviated name.  He was Bill Leinhauser.  He went 0-for-4 in the game with three strikeouts.  He played center field that day, recording no putouts, but he did pick up one assist and finished his major league playing career with a fielding percentage of 1.000. Bill was 18 years old when he played in that game.  He lived to the age of 84, dying in 1978.  No word on whether his wife ever believed his story about what he did that afternoon.
    • My point is that Iglesias is not known for his bat.  To project him as a 6 hole batter says that the guys that are 7-9 are not up to batting that high.  That would be Ruiz, Severino and whoever is the 3rd outfielder.   While Hyde may be right it doesn't sound very good.
  • Popular Contributors