weams

More Developmental Personnel let Go

3 hours ago, Philip said:

Any surprises?

anybody that makes one say,” wow why did they get rid of X? He was great!”  Etc etc”?

Like Corn I'm surprised about Maduro. Not sure of any players he's found but I thought he was a bright spot. An easy checkbox for Elias starting up a dead internationale effort.

Very surprised about Scotty McGregor! A lifetime Oriole and a great pitcher. Seems almost cold just to cut him loose!

Elias actually gets to hire his own people. Last year he just didn’t have the time. The MLB staff is low priority. They’re coaching players that won’t be here when we’re “good” again. 

5 hours ago, scOtt said:

Very surprised about Scotty McGregor! A lifetime Oriole and a great pitcher. Seems almost cold just to cut him loose!

All Scotts need to be sent to the guillotine!   😉

Seriously, not that surprised.    When he was a coach with some of our affiliates he didn’t do very well, and so he was put in Sarasota as the rehab coach.   Now the new regime wants someone more in tune with their methods. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Elias actually gets to hire his own people. Last year he just didn’t have the time. The MLB staff is low priority. They’re coaching players that won’t be here when we’re “good” again. 

Not that it matters but I still think one or two of the MLB staff will not be here next year.

Feel sorry for Don Werner,minor league catching instructor.Stage 3 cancer survivor,worked with our Number 1 draft pick to make him better and was let go.But basebsll is a business.That it why I dont get upset when a player leaves in free agency or a player who is from the area does not sign with their hometown team.

I guess the Oriole Ambassadors are safe.Eddie,Brooks and Brian Roberts.They were hired before the season ended last year and before the new regime.

Werner, who once backed up Johnny Bench with the Cincinnati Reds, is a highly respected catching instructor and a survivor of Stage 3 breast cancer. He’d been working with Adley Rutschman, the top overall draft pick.

McGregor is 65. Werner is 66. Haven't checked the others. Maybe they want coaches who are a little closer in age to the players. Must be a little weird for a Gen Z ballplayer to be coached by a baby boomer.

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Depends on if they replace all of them or if Elias is just going to assume all their duties personally like he did with the draft.

Saves money. 

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Not of any significance. 

That he has a job is insignificant. And the type of job is insignificant. Brady gets the life cycle award for his article while Anelosians rule the ORioles.