weams

More Developmental Personnel let Go

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

I get that Elias is brining people on board.

We had nobody in the dominican, so they went out and hired some and now, we fired them, before they got on location.

The people he fired in the Dominican were people at the Orioles Complex, they'd been there and since the Orioles didn't invest anything in their Dominican program, I'd guess the hitting coach and strength coach, etc weren't top notch player development guys that Elias wants. 

Just now, Luke-OH said:

The people he fired in the Dominican were people at the Orioles Complex, they'd been there and since the Orioles didn't invest anything in their Dominican program, I'd guess the hitting coach and strength coach, etc weren't top notch player development guys that Elias wants. 

Thanks.

I thought Mora had mentioned the team didnt even have a complex there, this was when the news of Elias hiring was made public and Mora was exicted as he knew they would get into the market there for real. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who hadn't been reported.  Not who have yet to report.

Did ace wordsmith Roch Kubatko fake you out?

No, I guess, its just my concept of what we had there prior to Elias coming on board.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Thanks.

I thought Mora had mentioned the team didnt even have a complex there, this was when the news of Elias hiring was made public and Mora was exicted as he knew they would get into the market there for real. 

Here are the relevant quotes.

"According to an industry source, the Dominican employees let go were Anthony Adames (strength coach), Benny Adames (hitting coach), Basilio Alvarado (scout) and Jorge Perozo (academy administrator)." - Roch

“We’ve added scouts in the Dominican. I think we’re going to hire a couple more and try to beef up in Venezuela, as well, though it’s a little trick right now from a political and business operations standpoint. And Koby (Perez) is out looking for people right now. We also want to take our development operation there, improve it, improve the facilities and improve the integration and communication between the Dominican player development and the American player development. So there’s a lot to do there, but we’ll get it done and we’ll keep plugging away.” - Elias

• Upvote 1

He has a point about us being 46-97.  Seems Elias has the power that DD and AM never had.   Sad for the people losing jobs but everyone at the major league level lost their jobs last year.  

Hopefully the guys find new jobs. I wonder if we will see a bunch of Major league coaching changes once the season ends.  

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Here's the relevant quotes.

"According to an industry source, the Dominican employees let go were Anthony Adames (strength coach), Benny Adames (hitting coach), Basilio Alvarado (scout) and Jorge Perozo (academy administrator)." - Roch

“We’ve added scouts in the Dominican. I think we’re going to hire a couple more and try to beef up in Venezuela, as well, though it’s a little trick right now from a political and business operations standpoint. And Koby (Perez) is out looking for people right now. We also want to take our development operation there, improve it, improve the facilities and improve the integration and communication between the Dominican player development and the American player development. So there’s a lot to do there, but we’ll get it done and we’ll keep plugging away.” - Elias

thanks, appreciate it

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

He has a point about us being 46-97.  Seems Elias has the power that DD and AM never had.   Sad for the people losing jobs but everyone at the major league level lost their jobs last year.  

Hopefully the guys find new jobs. I wonder if we will see a bunch of Major league coaching changes once the season ends.  

He does seem to have more power, but he's also got integration in mind, which tells me he's going to manage the people he brings in differently than Duquette or others ever did. It's not just about who he brings in. It's what is expected of the people here that's different.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But I keep hearing that term being used with Elias and not with those other names.  No one is suggesting that Dombrowski had full control.

I think he did up until he got fired. All those contracts he gave out after Boston won the WS? 

6 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I think he did up until he got fired. All those contracts he gave out after Boston won the WS? 

No one except jabba72 is suggesting Dombrowski had full control. 

“We have a very specific pitching program that we’re carrying out in the minor leagues and I think the results of that so far this year have been good and we want to make sure that every stop in the minor league ladder, whether it’s the rehab spot in Florida when pitchers are down there rehabbing, whether it’s the Dominican, whether it’s the GCL, whether it’s Triple-A, that they reflect the curriculum and the tenor of that program and that when players move from level to level there’s a smooth handoff. So nothing specific with any one outlet of that, but the whole chain is very important to us.” -Elias

Edited by SilverRocket
clarity
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Never glad to see someone lose a job, but, I like dynamic change.  This is part of the plan and I support it. 

I'm never glad someone I haven't met loses a job.

Just now, dmvsports410 said:

When do you guys wanna start seeing results from Elias? What year?

There should be improvement next year.  More wins.