Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Favorite Amazon Prime original TV series

Recommended Posts

I figured Amazon Prime deserves equal time with Netflix by now.   

We just finished watching Season 1 of Jack Ryan, which was excellent.

Also recently polished off Season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which also was great.

Anything else to recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I figured Amazon Prime deserves equal time with Netflix by now.   

We just finished watching Season 1 of Jack Ryan, which was excellent.

Also recently polished off Season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which also was great.

Anything else to recommend?

The Boys was a lot better than the source material but I don't think it would be a good fit for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The Boys was a lot better than the source material but I don't think it would be a good fit for you.

Why?   Two of my co-workers said it was good, so I was thinking of checking it out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Why?   Two of my co-workers said it was good, so I was thinking of checking it out.  

Even toned down it can be a bit much.  Lots of violence, dark humor, adult themes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Even toned down it can be a bit much.  Lots of violence, dark humor, adult themes. 

Could be an issue for my wife, especially if the violence is both graphic and realistic.    But I still may try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Could be an issue for my wife, especially if the violence is both graphic and realistic.    But I still may try it.

Not sure realistic is a word I would use.  Gory however I would use.

The opening scene will give you a good idea what to expect.

I did find it worth watching and some of the performances were quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure realistic is a word I would use.  Gory however I would use.

The opening scene will give you a good idea what to expect.

I did find it worth watching and some of the performances were quite good.

Put it this way: Deadpool was graphic but so over the top ridiculous and comic bookish that it didn’t bother my wife much.    So if it’s in that vein, I’m probably okay.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frobby said:

Put it this way: Deadpool was graphic but so over the top ridiculous and comic bookish that it didn’t bother my wife much.    So if it’s in that vein, I’m probably okay.  

Give it a try, hope you enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton as an attorney (right up your alley!) who is a deeply flawed person, but is dogged in his pursuit of truth.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Try Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton as an attorney (right up your alley!) who is a deeply flawed person, but is dogged in his pursuit of truth.

Seconded.

i think the only Prime originals we got into were this and Maisel.  We tried Man in the High Castle, but lost interest in the second season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, Frobby said:

I figured Amazon Prime deserves equal time with Netflix by now.   

We just finished watching Season 1 of Jack Ryan, which was excellent.

Also recently polished off Season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which also was great.

Anything else to recommend?

Did you finish Season 2 of Jack Ryan? I think that's by far my favorite Prime Original. Also recently watched the Boys and the latest season of Goliath. Both were pretty good. As another poster pointed out, I also lost interest in the Man the High Castle. 

I think Goliath would probably be your best / safest bet. I actually like the first few seasons more than the most recent one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Did you finish Season 2 of Jack Ryan? I think that's by far my favorite Prime Original. 

I finished it last week.   Season 2 was very enjoyable but I thought the last episode was over-the-top unrealistic.    (Not that any of it is truly realistic, but the scenario in the final episode could never occur under any circumstances.)   I’ll still be up for Season 3, if they do one.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I finished it last week.   Season 2 was very enjoyable but I thought the last episode was over-the-top unrealistic.    (Not that any of it is truly realistic, but the scenario in the final episode could never occur under any circumstances.)   I’ll still be up for Season 3, if they do one.   

I think they've already signed off on a Season 3. Season 2 was good, but I think I liked the first season more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think they've already signed off on a Season 3. Season 2 was good, but I think I liked the first season more. 

Yes, I agree season one was a bit better.    But I enjoyed this one too.  Glad to hear there will be a third.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...