Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Favorite Amazon Prime original TV series

20 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yes, I agree season one was a bit better.    But I enjoyed this one too.  Glad to hear there will be a third.   

Have you seen the new Ms. Maisel yet?  

I binged on The Expanse.  Just started season 4. It's a spacey thing with cool effects.  Like most series nowadays, seems as if all of the actors went to the William Shatner School of Overacting.

giphy.gif

tumblr_pei6pqThTL1qkqne6o1_500.gif

6X5M38b.gif

AOxpAeC.gif

Applause for Captain Kirk!

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Having read all of Michael Connelly's books, I have loved Bosch.   It totally nails the tone of the books and nearly every character is portrayed just how I pictured them in my mind's eye while reading the books.   The first time Deputy Chief Irving walked in the room I said, wow, they couldn't have found a more perfect actor for the part.  

I have rarely read a book and then seen the screen version and liked it, I'm almost always disappointed.   But not with Bosch.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, SteveA said:

Having read all of Michael Connelly's books, I have loved Bosch.   It totally nails the tone of the books and nearly every character is portrayed just how I pictured them in my mind's eye while reading the books.   The first time Deputy Chief Irving walked in the room I said, wow, they couldn't have found a more perfect actor for the part.  

I have rarely read a book and then seen the screen version and liked it, I'm almost always disappointed.   But not with Bosch.

I’ve only read two of the Bosch books, but I enjoyed them.  I’ll have to give this a try.

Just started season one of Jack Ryan...already binged 4 episodes in one morning.  Very good.

I've had Prime for 6 months just for the free shipping...had no idea there were all these movies and shows available on it.  (Dip is a little slow)

2 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Just started season one of Jack Ryan...already binged 4 episodes in one morning.  Very good.

I've had Prime for 6 months just for the free shipping...had no idea there were all these movies and shows available on it.  (Dip is a little slow)

Lots of mildly interesting documentaries, especially if you are interested in European history.

Just finished both seasons of Jack Ryan in a week.  Great show.  Makes me wish 24 had the freedom of being on an outlet like this instead of broadcast television.  

On 12/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, Frobby said:

I finished it last week.   Season 2 was very enjoyable but I thought the last episode was over-the-top unrealistic.    (Not that any of it is truly realistic, but the scenario in the final episode could never occur under any circumstances.)   I’ll still be up for Season 3, if they do one.   

Yeah, I was disappointed in season two, particularly the finale which was laughably unrealistic. For a show that is trying to be topical and realistic, this entire season was pretty out there and the finale was one of the dumbest endings I've ever seen in a a series or movie. It was like they were told to make a big shoot out at the end no matter what and the showrunners were then like, fine, we'll give you your stupid shootout and we'll make it as unrealistic as possible.

They also made the Jack Ryan character pretty unlikable in this season. I started off thinking the season was going to be good but the more I watched, the more I was not impressed. 

I'll probably watch season three to see if they can turn it around.

On 1/9/2020 at 3:42 PM, Dipper9 said:

Just finished both seasons of Jack Ryan in a week.  Great show.  Makes me wish 24 had the freedom of being on an outlet like this instead of broadcast television.  

I was late the 24 party. I specifically remember binging the early seasons on DVD (via Netflix) before their streaming service was a thing. It made for many of a very unproductive weekend ;)

On 2/3/2020 at 4:04 PM, wildbillhiccup said:

I was late the 24 party. I specifically remember binging the early seasons on DVD (via Netflix) before their streaming service was a thing. It made for many of a very unproductive weekend ;)

I had my appendix removed one week before Christmas, 2006.  I had never seen 24, but my big brother had them on DVD.  I binged 5 seasons in 3 weeks and was all caught up when season 6 premiered in January 2007!  My favorite show ever!

30 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I had my appendix removed one week before Christmas, 2006.  I had never seen 24, but my big brother had them on DVD.  I binged 5 seasons in 3 weeks and was all caught up when season 6 premiered in January 2007!  My favorite show ever!

I'm pretty sure I was so impatient I went to Hollywood Video, in between Netflix DVDs arriving, so I wouldn't have to stop watching. Did the same with the Shield and The Walking Dead (early seasons). 

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:30 AM, Tony-OH said:

They also made the Jack Ryan character pretty unlikable in this season. I started off thinking the season was going to be good but the more I watched, the more I was not impressed.

I've tried to watch S2 twice and can't finish it. 

21 hours ago, ChrisP said:

I've tried to watch S2 twice and can't finish it. 

I enjoyed season 2.  Kinda wondering what happened to his future wife though?  They just completely wrote her out of the season.  Acted like she didn't even exist as he had a fling with the other agent.  Weird.