atomic

Tigers Win Orioles Lose

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, I’ll be very happy if we hold onto the no. 2 pick while winning a few games along the way.   As things stand now, we could go 4-14 and be assured of getting no worse than the no. 2 pick.   

I’d say we need to lose 3 of 4 in Detroit to have any shot to catch them.   Not sure I have the stomach for it.  

Pretty easy if you don't watch the games.   :)

I have some respect for those that are still living and breathing by every game on TV, even if I don't entirely understand it this year.    I'll never stop following and loving and obsessing over this team, I just don't need to actively watch them get killed every night to do that.

49 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I have some respect for those that are still living and breathing by every game on TV, even if I don't entirely understand it this year.    I'll never stop following and loving and obsessing over this team, I just don't need to actively watch them get killed every night to do that.

Looking at the game threads length it appears most people even on here have stopped watching.

16 minutes ago, atomic said:

Looking at the game threads length it appears most people even on here have stopped watching.

With college football and NFL starting along with school year beginning most people aren't going to bother watching. Not that many people were watching before September. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

What I will continue to do is root for the TIgers to succeed. 

Good attitude.

If I was Hyde, I would require all my starters to use their opposite glove/hand in the field and swing from the opposite side of the plate (if you are Steve Wilkerson, just keep batting RH) in the Detroit series.

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

In the past week I’ve had the chance to watch Hays. Before that, Harvey and prior to that, Stewart. I’ve seen some productive months of Santander when very few expected anything from him. The same for Means.

Watching them this year has been far more interesting than last year when they had Machado, Britton, Schoop and Gausman. It’s not about whether they get killed, it’s watching the arrival and development of the young guys.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

In the past week I’ve had the chance to watch Hays. Before that, Harvey and prior to that, Stewart. I’ve seen some productive months of Santander when very few expected anything from him. The same for Means.

Watching them this year has been far more interesting than last year when they had Machado, Britton, Schoop and Gausman. It’s not about whether they get killed, it’s watching the arrival and development of the young guys.

Exactly. This is what I wanted. I can stand watching and following of they are developing players that could possibly be around as the rebuild continues.

The moment has arrived. Time for the Orioles to make their stand or not. TrashCan Man can be many Oriole pitchers.Like Trashcan Man ,the Oriole pitchers start many fires. Tigers vs. Orioles  for 4 games. The hours are drawing near to an epic batter of good and evil. Come on down and see some really bad teams. 

Oh I have been out searching with the Oriole pitching stats in my hand
And I've looked between the baseball  lines that lie on the pages that I
 read
I met the Oriole  walking dude,  in his wom down Oriole cleats
He  piched liked no man on earth
I swear he was another Oriole pitcher that I would not know his name (had no name)
I swear he had no name

On 9/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Il BuonO said:

Most of the year you haven’t been watching anyone other than Means from that list.  And he only pitches every 5th day.  Also I think it is worse this year because no one seems to be able to play defense and they make terrible fundamental mistakes.  Every time I turn a game on they are doing something stupid.  Unless Means or Bundy are starting I skip the games.  

25 minutes ago, atomic said:

Most of the year you haven’t been watching anyone other than Means from that list.  And he only pitches every 5th day.  Also I think it is worse this year because no one seems to be able to play defense and they make terrible fundamental mistakes.  Every time I turn a game on they are doing something stupid.  Unless Means or Bundy are starting I skip the games.  

I haven’t been watching Santander for most of the year? How about another guy I left off the list, Alberto? He’s been a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed Sisco for the first month he was up. Severino has been good at times. Also, he’s another guy of whom no one had expectations. 

Yeah, stupid baseball sucks, but what about the great plays? Villar stealing 3B in the catcher’s bloop throw back to the pitcher was about as heady a play as you’ll see.

I know it’s easier to say,”The sky is falling,” but i keep it in perspective. That is, this is the first stage of the plan and there are plenty of things by which to be encouraged.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:27 PM, weams said:

What I will continue to do is root for the TIgers to succeed. 

Did you see what they did to the Bronx Bombers the other night?  They out bombed them and walked it off with a little flare.  We can get to one-half game if the Tigers succeed this weekend!  😍  The battle for #1.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

I haven’t been watching Santander for most of the year? How about another guy I left off the list, Alberto? He’s been a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed Sisco for the first month he was up. Severino has been good at times. Also, he’s another guy of whom no one had expectations. 

Yeah, stupid baseball sucks, but what about the great plays? Villar stealing 3B in the catcher’s bloop throw back to the pitcher was about as heady a play as you’ll see.

I know it’s easier to say,”The sky is falling,” but i keep it in perspective. That is, this is the first stage of the plan and there are plenty of things by which to be encouraged.

I like Villar and Alberto.  I think those guys are keepers.  A lot of guys on the team I think should go. I won't name names. You know who they are.  

15 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Incredibly, the Tigers don't have a single player with an OPS+ of 100 or better, the Orioles have 6. That is pretty impressive.

Their.  hitting is like our pitching.  I was going to say they have Castellanous but it seems they traded him to the Cubs. 

Let's get ready to be humbled

Per Roch:

The Orioles and Tigers enter this four-game series with 201 combined losses (Orioles 99, Tigers 102). According to STATS, it’s the highest total to begin a series among American League teams in major league history.

The previous AL mark of 197 combined losses to begin a series was held by the Washington Senators (59-99) and Kansas City Athletics (60-98) on Sept. 29, 1961 and matched by the Royals (60-96) and Tigers (54-101) on Sept. 24, 2002