Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Every time the O's start Blach they are tanking

I know.  If not Blach, who?

Well they don't need a starter.  They have 13 fricking relievers.   And when Bowie is done with the playoffs they can add a 14th with Taylor Scott. 

Also Shepherd was pitcher of the month at AAA in August.  As a starter.  How about him? 

Then again maybe tanking is the plan.

7 minutes ago, weams said:

It's Blach. And he has looked interesting to me on occasion. They are not tanking. The team is bad. 

Interesting with an ERA for 11.00 +.

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I always thought their candy was overrated. 

91Q8Gukxc7L._SY550_.jpg

LOL I love Brach Caramels and their flavored caramels, the above aint bad either. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Their caramels are probably the only thing I like. 

I have a sweet tooth, candy corn, jelly beans, spice drops, gum drops, chuckles.

Brach usually put out top notch sugar stuff. :)

1 hour ago, weams said:

It's Blach. And he has looked interesting to me on occasion. They are not tanking. The team is bad. 

Interested in understanding your definition of a tanking team?

• Haha 1

Here’s what I posted the day Blach was recalled to the majors:

And then of course he immediately went out and had a decent outing, allowing 2 runs on 2 hits in 5 IP.    But yeah, he’s really horrible.    

I hope they sign a bunch of guys to minor league deals with opt outs. And get a couple of guys better than DFA guys to be starters.  Trumbo and Cashner's salaries are gone so they can spend $5 million on a starter or two.  I see no reason to do another year like this one with a total tank job. Time to start moving away from being the worst team in the league. 

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

And Brooks.  And Wojo.  Basically anyone other than Means or Bundy.  And Bundy is a 5th starter.

I'm about done with Brooks and Blach, but I'm still interested in assessing Wojo some more.  I also agree that Sheppard needs to start or what's the point with keeping him.  I also say that Tanner Scott should get a few starts as the "opener."  Throw someone like Ynoa in after him and that might be 6 or 7 quality innings.

6 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I'm about done with Brooks and Blach, but I'm still interested in assessing Wojo some more.  I also agree that Sheppard needs to start or what's the point with keeping him.  I also say that Tanner Scott should get a few starts as the "opener."  Throw someone like Ynoa in after him and that might be 6 or 7 quality innings.

Has Ynoa shown enough to stay? He has some acceptable outings but not enough to warrant keeping, IMO, unless there’s no one remotely better behind him, and I’d be more willing to try unproven guys than keep throwing known bad guys out there.