Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Game 3: Ravens @ Chiefs

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who you got?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 9/22/2019 at 17:00

I realize this is a little earlier than usual, but this is an exciting week for Ravens fans.  Getting our first shot at a top AFC team with our new and revamped offense.

I think a lot of Ravens fans quickly forget how close we played them in December of last year:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401030764

We held them to 24 points in regulation, then lost 27-24 in OT.    Lamar was 13/24 for 147 and 2 TDs.    One fumble lost.

Not saying this guarantees anything, but there is at least some reason for optimism!   Tyreek Hill absolutely torched us last year, pretty sure that won't happen at least this time.

That's a great point Aglets, thanks for pointing that out.  And thanks for generating discussion about the biggest game of the Ravens season so far.

Ravens need to follow the same game plan as last year.  They need to run the ball, control the clock and keep Mahomes off the field.    The Ravens' secondary must get its act together or it will be a long night.  If they can do that a win is possible.  

I think it will be a good game. Hard to imagine how it isn’t a high scoring affair. Ravens have a shot if they can get up early. Have a few good bounces. Heart says Ravens... Brains say Chiefs 

• Upvote 1

This is probably the best time to get the chiefs.  Hill out, top 2 RBs banged up, Fisher out.  A lot of experts calling this a ravens upset.

I think the chiefs win it, but I dont know that I say that if it's in Baltimore.  I just hope the ravens locker room has the Steve Young quote up "The AFC is done, its Pats and Chiefs in the championship game."

KC is the easy choice here, but I give the Ravens a better shot than at first glance. Hill out, Shady starting at RB, weak defense - all things that favor the Ravens. If they can limit Demarcus Robinson and Kelce, there isn’t much that’s threatening. 

6 hours ago, dorfmac said:

KC is the easy choice here, but I give the Ravens a better shot than at first glance. Hill out, Shady starting at RB, weak defense - all things that favor the Ravens. If they can limit Demarcus Robinson and Kelce, there isn’t much that’s threatening. 

Really .... what about 330+ yards from Mahomes.

So the rain could help the Ravens if it slows down the passing games.

Still think this will be a tough game to come out on top. Hope I'm wrong but I see a 24-17 win for the Chiefs.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Not only can't Averett cover, he can't slide on a fumble on the ground. Who in the hell over slides a ball on the ground? 

And yet people have been clamoring for us to cut Jimmy Smith for years. 

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Pass rush looking great early. 

Yeah, they've had a lot of pressure for the most part. Let's hope that keeps up!