Crazy O

Random Thoughts

Saw a guy at Jones Junction this morning who looked just like Hank. I've only met Scorpio once though, and didn't want to look like an idiot asking this guy if he was "Hank Scorpio from the OH." :o

• Upvote 1

I have been working 16 hours a day and by midnight Wednesday I have to cut at least 10 athletes from their respective roster. Not a good feeling.

I feel like Andrew Friedman without the paycheck.

The Miller lite commercials that are getting a lot of run during the tournament--the one about the 3 guys who are looking for a sober ride home. The one guy fakes an Australian accent to get the woman to take him home. Then it cuts to them in her car with the two buddies in the back seat. What exactly was she expecting to happen?

So this shows as an ad for me after posting Wada's wife as my avatar.

Edited by weams
  • Upvote 1

So this shows as an ad for me after posting Wada's wife as my avatar.

That's Wada's wife?????

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lZKiYgcgBAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Got a bigger picture? :D

Edited by scOtt

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24252-1331327230-31.gif

I wish the quality was higher, I can't see what the game state is. I know it was a long match. Not sure why he would rage quit, most players wouldn't risk their cards with a stunt like that.

I wish the quality was higher, I can't see what the game state is. I know it was a long match. Not sure why he would rage quit, most players wouldn't risk their cards with a stunt like that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mYuF3T7s7XY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This may help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The class as a whole still came in $222,000 under slot. Per Spotrac, among the 19 teams who have signed all of their picks, the Orioles join the Mariners ($304,400), Braves ($131,000) and Pirates ($87,100) as the only teams to go more than $7,300 under slot. 8 teams went more than $191,000 over slot. Led by the Tigers at $615,900 over.
    • Guess they spent that extra money they were holding on to. 
    • No.  But if you got all the other owners together to collectively decide that for the league you would.  And if all of the other owners and GMs all "independently" decided to never sign any free agents I'm guessing they'd be treading on very thin ice.  And if somehow that didn't get them all a $5B fine, I'm going to assume that the players would eventually form a new league, since MLB has shown that it's financially viable to run a league where Mike Trout makes $35M a year and the average player pulls in $3-4M.
    • Other sports, yes.  Baseball, no.  Since they've had an exemption to that since the Baltimore Terrapins Supreme Court case in 1920. Frobby or someone with better legal chops should probably weigh in here, but my understanding is that the CBA says that the teams have to act independently when making decisions on signing players.  It's fine to have an individual team say they're not going to sign any free agents this year because they're all out of cash.  But it's not fine for the owners to get together and say they're going to collectively not sign anyone to anything remotely like market rates, in an attempt to circumvent the market established by the CBA.  That's what they did in the 1980s, when peak Hall of Famers like Tim Raines weren't offered a contract by any team until after the season started because the owners collectively decided they weren't having any more of this free agency stuff. If the owners didn't want to pay the going rate for players they should have refused to sign the CBA and insisted on one where players were paid $25,000 a year.  The MBLPA would have laughed, stayed locked out or on strike until such time as the owners gave in or the players decided to form their own league.
    • Im dont recall Brady having too many run plays. I dont expect them to get rid of plays when Cam takes off, that threat will be threat, I suspect Cam will be dialed back and ask to not run so much. Obviously Bill wanted Cam and got him.
    • Although I don’t disagree with anything you said, for clarity sake, if I buy a team and I publicly announce that I am never going to sign any free agents, on the Grounds that my business plan involves drafting developing and then trading for purposes of replenishing, Would I be subject to a grievance merely because I decline to sign any free agents?
    • So the class as a whole comes in $222,000 under slot. Per Spotrac, among the 19 teams who have signed all of their picks, the Orioles join the Mariners ($304,400), Braves ($131,000) and Pirates ($87,100) as the only teams to go more than $7,300 under slot. 8 teams went more than $191,000 over slot. Led by the Tigers at $615,900 over.
  • Popular Contributors