Crazy O

Random Thoughts

I'd really like there to be a restaurant that only serves peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I'm thinking the name could be something like 'PB&J's'.

The dark haired woman in the cougarlife ads keeps staring at me....

....and I like it! :eektf:

She must be playing the field because she keeps staring at me too!

Free the Birds 2 is set for May 17th.

Just sayin'

Editor's note: In the past I have railed against this "initiative" and the constant bashing of the Orioles, but this time around, I think everything they say about our team is pretty damn acurate! I won't be participating in this, but God Bless them if they can actually get through to Orioles management that this crap is no longer acceptable to any of us!

The dark haired woman CougarLife.com ad at the bottom and the Vegas ad at the top want me to take the dark haired woman from the CougarLife ad to Vegas.

Free the Birds 2 is set for May 17th.

Just sayin'

Editor's note: In the past I have railed against this "initiative" and the constant bashing of the Orioles, but this time around, I think everything they say about our team is pretty damn acurate! I won't be participating in this, but God Bless them if they can actually get through to Orioles management that this crap is no longer acceptable to any of us!

Also of note is that there is no “walk-out” planned this time. Many that would have otherwise supported FTB in ‘06 were turned off by the walk-out, feeling that it was a slap in the face to the players, who are only out there trying to do their jobs. Again, NO WALK OUT on May 17.

Nestor is banking on the fact that O’s fans still care enough to get angry and organized about the sorry state of this franchise. Many disagree, saying that the B’More fan base has totally sunk into apathy at this point.

Help us prove that latter group wrong on May 17. Come out and show the Warehouse that we ARE still here, we DO still care, and, whenever they are ready to actually TRY to start winning again, we’ll gladly fill Camden Yards every night.

So....it's a group of people with black t-shirts cheering for the O's?

I'll take it.

Actor Mark Harmon needs to stop cutting his own hair (I'm sure he doesn't, but it looks like he does). Mark, please find a barber that knows how to texture.

Are we afraid to talk about good things anymore because of the spectre of a jinx?

In an unrelated vein, why did I think someone posted in this thread recently when in fact I was the last one to do so, in May and while living in a different time zone?

When will I get my mind back? :rofl:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I think last straws are irrelevant.  I think it is all down to if ownership will OK cutting Davis with the money owed and I don't think things like that are going to influence their decision.  The evidence has been overwhelming for some time that the Davis contract is a total loss.
    • I have a feeling you’re reading the tea leaves correctly.  Also, as much as I have no disdain for Davis I do think that he’ll be elsewhere somehow some way at the season’s outset and the fans clamoring for that roster weight to be gone can exhale.  It’s difficult to see him having any role in any way with this administration and changing roster.  If true, the refusal to fix the swing could be the nail in his O’s coffin.  I hope it both ends well and opens a door for someone else to excel.  Fingers crossed for another step forward for Trey Mancini!
    • I remember the announcers constantly saying that Rick Dempsey hit more line drives right at fielders than anyone ever.  Today we'd just look at his batting average on line drives and we'd know for sure.  I have my doubts.
    • Yes, I was wondering how much was taken from the playbook of Spock, who once said, “I’m going to guess.” And guessing is great. It makes it so much easier to while away the idle moments between the final out of the World Series and the first pitch of spring training. But it does have its drawbacks…
    • There's a lot more to it than that.  Iceland made the last World Cup and did quite well in the prior European Championships.  They have as many people, and presumably similar numbers of elite athletes, as Southern Maryland (Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary's Counties).  US Soccer could be quite competitive with the talent pool they currently have, but the development system and culture and management of US soccer is somewhat lacking.  Iceland has 3000 people with their A license, which is what's required to be a professional-level soccer coach, in a population of about 300k.  I don't know, but the US might not have many more than 3000 people with an A license and we have 300 million people. Kind of like the Dominican and baseball.  San Pedro de Macoris is famous for producing players and it has about as many people as Harrisburg.  I doubt it's because they have an unusual number of exceptionally elite athletes.  But having said all that, it wouldn't hurt US soccer if all the best athletes stopped playing football and other sports and moved to soccer.  Although Le Bron would be an unusual soccer player at 6' 9".  Peter Crouch looks like a giraffe on a soccer pitch and he's 6' 7".
    • Some use the term wishful thinking. It is more art than science.
    • I don’t know how to make projections. Is it just a linear prediction based on past performance? If not, then how is a performance that doesn’t fit a linear projection calculated? Do we predict offensive improvement from Sisco because his walk rate increased and his K rate went down? If so, how much? Do we predict Hays to be injured “this long” because he was injured “that long” in the past? I have no idea. I agree that our offense will be OK( but not from catcher) and our defense will be improved, and that the facepalms will mainly be cause by pitching, But I can’t get beyond that.
  • Popular Contributors