Crazy O

Random Thoughts

FINALLY got my first paycheck from my new job, 1st one in 5 weeks! Posted somewhere between 12:30 and 3:30 this morning. I've already spent half of it. ūüėõ

All my immediate bills are paid, paid some extra on my credit card. Bought 5 Morgan silver dollars and 150 wheat pennies cuz that's how I roll. Bought a cot for the lake because we're going the weekend of the 26th and I pawned/sold my old one months ago. I also bought this SWEET lounge chair for sitting in front of the fire!

Os%20chair.jpg

I'm in my first bidding war on eBay in a LONG time. For a coin.  I shouldn't be bidding as much as I am (about twice what it's worth...) but I want it for sentimental reasons. I sold two of these a while back when I was broke. They were my parents' birthday years, '36 and '38. I just bought the '38, had to bid on this one.

s-l500.jpg

About an hour + to go...

They know.

This morning I was looking for Ryan Mountcastle's minor league numbers. I usually search for stats on mlb.com . Since Ryan hasn't played in the show he's not listed at all. So I went to Baseball Reference. Rare when I use BB Ref but I do occasionally. This is this morning on my home computer.

I just got home from work at 11:30 pm. I'm emptying out the bag I carry. Empty bottles of Dew, my badge, safety glasses, band-aids, antibiotic, Alleve etc. Everything I carry to work. I grab my phone... It has butt-dialed, bag-dialed, Google search.... on BB REF!

EVERYTHING we do online, They know. They know everything we Google. They know everything we watch on youtube. They know everything we put on or look at on facebook. They have a copy of all 104,129 of my posts on here, and all of yours too. They know EVERY SINGLE THING we buy online. They know every single email we write or receive on every address we use. They know every sordid thing we do on the internet. Nothing is private anymore.

And not only do They know the raw data, They have it all sorted and separated into patterns. For EVERY one of us. Back in the day a lot of people had the infamous "FBI file". Nowadays we ALL have one, in ginormous super computers down in DC and Virginia. They know ALL!

George Orwell only got the year wrong.

When I was younger, and volunteer at the local firehouse. This really sweet old lady would call 911 and say her smoke alarm was going off.

We would show up and she would hand us a new 9 volt as it was only chirping low battery.

She had super high vaulted ceilings, and it would take 3 of us to bring in the ladder, two to hold the ladder, and one to climb the ladder to change that stupid battery.

Talk about waste of tax payer resources. HAHAHAHA

How many Software Engineers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. That's a hardware problem.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else get annoyed at the overuse of anagrams? I can't tell you how many times that I read something where someone uses letters or super-shortened versions of a person's name, and I have no idea who they mean.  DSJ goes on the IL, and I'm thinking about which player has a name that begins with a D and ends in a J? It was Dwight Smith Jr, which many others probably knew instantly, but it annoys me to no end that I have to decipher it, rather than someone taking a whole two seconds to type out the name.

"ME" throws me for a second whenever I see that. DD- Dan Duquette, I get that. That was easy. But Elias doesn't need a shortening.  Anyway, it's possible that it's an indication that I'm getting older.  Hopefully I won't wind up being that old fella yelling at kids to "Get off my lawn!" LOL! :D

18 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Does anyone else get annoyed at the overuse of anagrams? I can't tell you how many times that I read something where someone uses letters or super-shortened versions of a person's name, and I have no idea who they mean.  DSJ goes on the IL, and I'm thinking about which player has a name that begins with a D and ends in a J? It was Darryl Smith Jr, which many others probably knew instantly, but it annoys me to no end that I have to decipher it, rather than someone taking a whole two seconds to type out the name.

"ME" throws me for a second whenever I see that. DD- Dan Duquette, I get that. That was easy. But Elias doesn't need a shortening.  Anyway, it's possible that it's an indication that I'm getting older.  Hopefully I won't wind up being that old fella yelling at kids to "Get off my lawn!" LOL! :D

The anagrams don't bother me but the combining of names does.  Look Arod was fine but it should have ended there.  I'm not sure why it seems to happen a lot more with the names of hispanic players.  I never saw anyone call Jones AdJon.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The anagrams don't bother me but the combining of names does.  Look Arod was fine but it should have ended there.  I'm not sure why it seems to happen a lot more with the names of hispanic players.  I never saw anyone call Jones AdJon.

Yeah, the folks already calling Grayson Rodriguez "GrayRod" is unfortunate, as every time I see that I think of the cheater ARod. Hopefully it passes or I get less bothered by it.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yeah, the folks already calling Grayson Rodriguez "GrayRod" is unfortunate, as every time I see that I think of the cheater ARod. Hopefully it passes or I get less bothered by it.

I want to work in a batman and robin reference with him but can't come up with anything.

I've also been trying to get people to call RyMount Lord Mountcastle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I want to work in a batman and robin reference with him but can't come up with anything.

I've also been trying to get people to call RyMount Lord Mountcastle.

Lord Castle has a nice ring to it.

I dont mind GrayRod, We have EdRod, K-Rod, not like its only Arod.