OFFNY

vs. MARINERS, 9/20

o

Daring Dick Bleier makes his MLB career debut as a starting pitcher. 

He'll likely play the role of "Opener."

SEATTLE MARINERS

Shedric Long - LF

John Paul "J.P." Crawford - SS

Kyle Seager - 3B

Kyle Lewis - RF

Omar Narvaez - C

Austin Kyle Nola - 1B

Daniel Vogelbach - DH

Dylan Moore - CF

Devaris Gordon - 2B

Felix Abraham Graham Hernandez Garcia - RHP )) (1-6, 6.31 ERA)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Trey Mancini - DH

Anthony Santander - LF

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - CF

Demetrius Jerome Stewart - RF

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Chris Davis - 1B

Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C

Richard Sidney Bleier - LHP )) (3-0, 5.63 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I like Bleier but I don't think he's got a future as a ML pitcher.

Yeah, hard to succeed in the Majors with a career 4.2 K/9.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like Bleier but I don't think he's got a future as a ML pitcher.

Well, no one really has a future as an ML pitcher by some point.  Like they said in Fight Club, "On a long enough timeline, the life expectancy for everyone drops to zero."

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well, no one really has a future as an ML pitcher by some point.  Like they said in Fight Club, "On a long enough timeline, the life expectancy for everyone drops to zero."

Never saw it.

I hate it when announcers talk about what players do in a certain ballpark.  Yeah, King Felix has done well here, is it most likely because he's faced some crappy Orioles lineups?

Yeah, Kyle Seager has done well in Camden Yards, is it because he's faced some terrible Orioles pitching?

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate it when announcers talk about what players do in a certain ballpark.  Yeah, King Felix has done well here, is it most likely because he's faced some crappy Orioles lineups?

Yeah, Kyle Seager has done well in Camden Yards, is it because he's faced some terrible Orioles pitching?

Also, he pitched here back when he was good.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Also, he pitched here back when he was good.

Yeah, a HoF caliber pitcher, pitching against questionable Orioles lineups.  No wonder he's done so well in Camden Yards.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• At least one written rule was broken.  That's why the Astros were punished.  Sandy Alderson, then baseball’s executive vice president of baseball operations, sent the following memo to clubs in 2001:  Please be reminded that the use of electronic equipment during a game is restricted. No club shall use electronic equipment, including walkie-talkies and cellular telephones, to communicate to, or with, any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen, field and – during the game – the clubhouse. Such equipment may not be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a club an advantage.  Commissioner Rob Manfred, said it was too difficult to punish the players because it was impractical given the number involved and their degrees of participation. Further, player punishment could have prompted an appeal or grievance from the players union.  In other words, Manfred never said he couldn't punish the players.  If that were true, Manfred would have covered his ass with it: "Boy, I'd sure like to suspend these shameful perpetrators but unfortunately my hands are really tied by these danged inadequate MLB laws."   He could have and should have punished the players but he's a coward when it comes to the union.
    • I think they should make everything based on age.  It would totally end manipulation. 
    • I agree - I'm thinking Hess breaks spring with a rotation spot.  
    • I think where he is now, he's worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He's that interesting with the bat. 
    • Jordon is currently in the #30-ish range for the 2020 draft. My guess is that he’ll drop down a bit further in favor of college players who have a good year. As things stand right now I can’t imagine the Orioles taking him with the 30th or 39th pick unless he shows improvement to his defense.    He strikes me as a guy who’s top potential is Pete Incaviglia. 
    • Well he -spent off-season working with guys that helped Means (make a difference...tbd) -has starter experience and can at go a few innings -We have 2.5 spots spots depending on how you see Cobb, so certainly availability for a few guys to step in/up It's clearly not a lock, but I would imagine they will try him in the rotation at least until he proves he can't.  Time will tell, but we're not rolling in SP, and I think he is among the guys that gets a chance.
    • I don't think he gets called up 2020 either way.  But they wouldn't keep him down for the whole of 2021.  It would stop holding guys back for an extra year and it would stop keeping guys down to avoid super 2.  Standardizing payroll would probably increase service time manipulation as a Super 2 would be overly expensive for every team.
  • Popular Contributors