OFFNY

vs. MARINERS, 9/20

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Heard it on the radio earlier. He only has 13 starts on the year, but he isn’t a good pitcher anymore 6.31 ERA and 5.74 FIP coming into today. 

His decline has been painful to watch.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I like Page, Fripp is better.

Page is among the four or five best live English Bluesmen on the planet. 

Robert Fripp is a planet. 

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate it when announcers talk about what players do in a certain ballpark.  Yeah, King Felix has done well here, is it most likely because he's faced some crappy Orioles lineups?

Yeah, Kyle Seager has done well in Camden Yards, is it because he's faced some terrible Orioles pitching?

One of my pet peeves came up the other day was when they were talking about a LH hitter and they said he does most of his damage vs righthanded pitching, because he had 10 HRs vs RH and 3 HRs vs LH.    That doesn't prove anything.   What is it ,65-70% of the pitching in the majors is righthanded?  And a lefty hitter is more likely to get days off vs tough lefties, so he might have faced righties for 75-80% of his plate appearances.   So hitting 77% of your HRs off righties means absolutely nothing

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

One of my pet peeves came up the other day was when they were talking about a LH hitter and they said he does most of his damage vs righthanded pitching, because he had 10 HRs vs RH and 3 HRs vs LH.    That doesn't prove anything.   What is it ,65-70% of the pitching in the majors is righthanded?  And a lefty hitter is more likely to get days off vs tough lefties, so he might have faced righties for 75-80% of his plate appearances.   So hitting 77% of your HRs off righties means absolutely nothing

It's like when they say shark attacks happen near shore.  Cause that's where the people usually are.

Car accidents are most likely to happen within 5 miles of your home, cause that's where you do the most driving, etc.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His decline has been painful to watch.

It really is.

I mean, Jordan Zimmermann is a shell of his former self but it didn't bother me as much to see him.  Seeing King Felix brought down just seems wrong.