OFFNY

vs. MARINERS, 9/21

o

This was the 7th time in his last 10 outings in which Brooks has gone at least 5 innings.

21 OUTS:  8 Groundouts, 5 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Lineouts

AARON LEE BROOKS ))))))) (vs. MARINERS, 9/20) 

IP:lll7

H:llll 1 )) (1 Double)

R:llll. 1

BB:ll1

SO:ll.4

Pitches: )l 83(53)Strikes, )30 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 5.75 )l) 108.00 IP  (69 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.398 )l )  108.00 IP  (151 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .274 ))  (118 for 431)

PITCHES BY INNING

12 l.(6llStrikes, ll6 llBalls)

14 lll(9llStrikes, ll5 llBalls)

17 lll(12 llStrikes, lll5 llBalls)

91 lll(7llStrikes, lll2 llBalls)

11 lll(6llStrikes, lll.5 llBalls)

91 lll(6llStrikes, llll3 llBalls)

11 llll(7llStrikes, llll4 llBalls)

o

o

SEATTLE MARINERS

Shedric Long - LF

John Paul "J.P." Crawford - SS

Kyle Lewis - RF

Kyle Seager - 3B

Thomas James "T.J." Murphy, Jr. - C

Daniel Vogelbach - 1B

Domingo Santana - DH

Devaris Gordon - 2B

Mallex Smith - CF

Justus Kane "J.K." Sheffield - LHP )) (0-1, 5.40 ERA)

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 3B

Trey Mancini - 1B

Anthony Santander - RF

Renato Nunez - DH

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - 2B

Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - CF

Pedro Severino - De Leon C

Steve Wilkerson - LF

Richie Martin - SS

Randall Asher Wojciechowski - RHP )) (3-8, 5.38 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Based on the number of cars parked at the light rail station I think we will have a pretty good crowd tonight (compared to other games this year).

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Based on the number of cars parked at the light rail station I think we will have a pretty good crowd tonight (compared to other games this year).

I would so. 

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I’ve missed a chunk of games recently; I’m looking forward to seeing this year’s Austin Hays live.

I saw the HR robbery on replay. Missed last night's game.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Also can't find a barber either.

I haven't been since about 2002. My hairbrush is my "barber."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Of guys throwing 100+ innings, yes. 
    • You don’t win many games when you shoot 33% from the floor and 25% from 3.  MD was very lucky tonight.  Their defense was great the last 10 minutes of the game and Cowen obviously made a huge shot, but they need to learn from tonight. Good quote from Turgeon after the game: "The basketball gods were obviously on our side," Turgeon said. "It was kind of a miracle win. We weren't very good. I wasn't very good. And we weren't ready to play, and they were."
    • I read that Newsome led all MiLB pitchers in strike throwing percentage at 73% as well as lowest walk percentage at 2.7% in 2019.
    • There's a lot of good stuff in your post. I'll look forward to the rest. Thanks.
    • I'll get to the other questions when I get a chance. I appreciate good questions, I have done so much research that it's good to get some of that info out. 
    • Excellent. Thanks for the detailed response.
    • Good question, the main reason to pick Alemais rather than Hechevarria is you have nothing to lose and Alemais will cost 655K (100K Rule 5 fee + league min) and is controllable for 6 years if he works out while Hechevarria might get similar to the 3M he got last year and if he's good, he's either more expensive or gone. That said Alemais isn't at the top of my list or particularly close, I just think he's worth thinking about and I haven't heard him mentioned anywhere else.  For the Holt question, it could either be guys that fit the same profile that I mentioned earlier. So vertical spin angle, hop on the fastball, high 3/4 arm slot, above average spin. Or it could be guys that have some fixable pitch arsenal things, like a guy whose curveball and slider are too similar, or whose curveball doesn't mirror fastball spin, or who unintentionally cuts his fastball.  Guys that fit the profile include Joe Barlow, Trevor Megill, Brandon Bailey, Hever Bueno, Jordan Sheffield, Bryan Baker, Wladimir Pinto, Scott Engler, Kevin McCanna in a rough order of preference. Some of these guys aren't legit options, I'm just pulling all the guys I have notes on fitting that profile.  Guys that have some correctable flaws include (this is a limited list because I don't have time to extensively study video on every player) in no particular order Luke Bachar (more seperation of breaking balls), Daniel Alvarez (fastball spin angle), Cam Hill (spin efficiency of the fastball), Eric Marinez (release consistency), Andrew Lee (cuts his fastball), Kurt Hoekstra (cuts his fastball). 
  • Popular Contributors