BohKnowsBmore

KG for 2020

How would you feel about bringing KG back for 2020 to be the #4/#5 SP? He’s been pretty bad this season, so I’m guessing he’ll be non-tendered. Seems like he might be a decent reclamation project target given his pedigree and past success in Baltimore. Maybe a cheap 2020 with an option for 2021?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Nah

Why not? This isn’t going to be a good team, so I’d prefer to chase upside as the risk of downside doesn’t really hurt. 

I think an Opening Day (ish) rotation of Means-Bundy-Cobb-Gausman-Akin is at least somewhat interesting 

• Upvote 2

I know most of the young arms are still a bit away, but I'd really rather seem some kids get the chance who have a chance to show their stuff versus a retread, even one with Orioles history like KG. Granted he isn't hat old, and will only be 29 come next spring.  I know we need someone to take innings, but I'd rather it be young guys with some potential upside.  That being said I wouldn't be surprised if we do sign a few reclaim types and KG would certainly fit that bill. 

1 hour ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I think an Opening Day (ish) rotation of Means-Bundy-Cobb-Gausman-Akin is at least somewhat interesting 

Akin will be the opening day starter - for Norfolk.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Akin will be the opening day starter - for Norfolk.

He’ll be 25 w/ a bottom of rotation ceiling. No reason for him to take a spot in the Norfolk rotation (Baumann, Kremer, Zimmerman, Lowther, Wells). Let him come up and eat some innings.

• Upvote 1

Elias said he needs to continue working on things.  He wasn’t given a September call up.  The Lucky Eight Ball says all signs point to Norfolk.  And, remember that hot spring trainings did not get prospects a job in Baltimore this season.

2 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Why not? This isn’t going to be a good team, so I’d prefer to chase upside as the risk of downside doesn’t really hurt. 

Until Cobb breaks a nail and goes on the 60 day injury list.