Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Game 4: Ravens VS Browns

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who you got?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 9/29/2019 at 17:00

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You were 100% right. i was never a fan of the move as well. Destroyed our rivalries in basketball and destroyed our football, wrestling, and baseball teams.

A lot of interesting takes in that thread.

Back to this current mess
It's going to be a long year

4 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

Just like the Maryland hires. They pick people that don't have a winning pedigree then expect miracles.

True. It also what happens when you promote people out of the expertise. Locksley's offense looks good when you have Alabama's talent. Bring him here and he hires a bunch of nobody's as his coaches and we think we're going to compete with Penn State and Ohio State and just about everyone else besides Rutgers? 

Nope. Locksley has a career 5–33 record as a head coach! He's a good recruiter if he can sell a major program like Alabama, but he'll fail here because this is a impossible situation. This program will never be good in the Big ten.

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

A lot of interesting takes in that thread.

Back to this current mess
It's going to be a long year

And if DeCosta doesn't start drafting for the Offensive and Defensive lines it's going to get worse. It all starts there.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

And if DeCosta doesn't start drafting for the Offensive and Defensive lines it's going to get worse. It all starts there.

I'll give DeCosta a little leeway for now. He failed miserably in not having better ILBs once Mosely left and he did go out and get Thomas, who is dreadful.

It's too early but if he eventually figures out how to get Harbaugh fired then he'll gain respect in my eyes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'll give DeCosta a little leeway for now. He failed miserably in not having better ILBs once Mosely left and he did go out and get Thomas, who is dreadful.

It's too early but if he eventually figures out how to get Harbaugh fired then he'll gain respect in my eyes.

Thomas has not been great but it's a $7 million contract, hardly backbreaking.

He is set up to have a lot of payroll flexibility in the next few years, and outside Andrews I dont see anyone I am super interested in signing to a reasonably sized deal.

Edit: and Humphrey.  Pay that man. (OBJ 2 for 20)

23 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Props to @Elbren for calling this debacle. The only one to pick the Browns. 

I was going to pick Cleveland, but didn't want to be seen as a Debbi Downer.  I thought they might play better than the KC game, but I was wrong.  They played worse.    Another game of allowing wide open receivers and no ability to tackle.  Added to this week was the inability to stop the run.   This defense is the worst we have seen from the Ravens in some time.   Perhaps the pundits were correct saying the loss of Suggs, Weddle, and Mosely would be too much.  It sucks because DeCosta chose to cut Weddle.  

Good news is they have a lot of draft capital and are in good shape cap wise for next season.  I hope they don't panic and trade for Ramsey.   Let the offensive rookies learn this year and draft defense next April. 

Tony Jefferson continues to be absolutely awful. 

Pass rush was terrible despite going against a horrible offensive line. 

The linebackers can’t cover or stop the run. 

Chris Moore showed why he doesn’t get more snaps on offense. 

Tony Jefferson and Brandon Carr were getting torched all game. Tyus bowser and the linebacking core suck. Earl Thomas has been a ghost. Offense only aired it out come garbage time. They needed to do that ALL DAY but didn't. 

4 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Tony Jefferson and Brandon Carr were getting torched all game. Tyus bowser and the linebacking core suck. Earl Thomas has been a ghost. Offense only aired it out come garbage time. They needed to do that ALL DAY but didn't. 

Why when the Browns couldn’t stop the running game at all?