Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
weams

Buck Showalter back to the Show?

Recommended Posts

Any one of those managers would represent a huge step back.

I have strong feelings about Washington too. No...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Buck become the manager of the Angels.

There was an MLB.com article recently about Bruce Bochy becoming the "Latest and perhaps last manager to reach 2000 wins."  They mentioned that one of the people who could theoretically also get to 2,000 was Buck.  He currently has 1,551 and is 63 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I would love to see Buck become the manager of the Angels.

There was an MLB.com article recently about Bruce Bochy becoming the "Latest and perhaps last manager to reach 2000 wins."  They mentioned that one of the people who could theoretically also get to 2,000 was Buck.  He currently has 1,551 and is 63 years old.

There are 11 managers in all history with 2000+ wins.  Four of the 11 (36%) are/were active in the 2010s.  If anything it seems like 2000-win managers have become more likely recently.  

Also, Terry Francona is only 3-4 good years from 2000. Mike Scioscia is nearly tied with Francona, each about 100 wins ahead of Buck.  If all three of those guys were to get there we'd have 50% of all 2000-win managers active in about a 15-year period.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

There are 11 managers in all history with 2000+ wins.  Four of the 11 (36%) are/were active in the 2010s.  If anything it seems like 2000-win managers have become more likely recently.  

Also, Terry Francona is only 3-4 good years from 2000. Mike Scioscia is nearly tied with Francona, each about 100 wins ahead of Buck.  If all three of those guys were to get there we'd have 50% of all 2000-win managers active in about a 15-year period.  

Yea. It was mlb.com’s click baity title, not mine. That’s why I put it in quotes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is it will be Maddon, and that's why the Angels fired Ausmus.   5 other openings to fill including San Diego, Cubs, Pittsburgh, SF, and KC.   Will Philly and the Mets also make a change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TonySoprano said:

My guess is it will be Maddon, and that's why the Angels fired Ausmus.   5 other openings to fill including San Diego, Cubs, Pittsburgh, SF, and KC.

I'm expecting Philly to be open, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine lucking into unquestionably the best player of the decade, and who could be in the argument for greatest player ever, and still managing to put together a 90-loss team, and then blaming your first year manager for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hallas said:

Imagine lucking into unquestionably the best player of the decade, and who could be in the argument for greatest player ever, and still managing to put together a 90-loss team, and then blaming your first year manager for it.

Big difference between blaming him and just wanting Maddon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mdbdotcom said:

Big difference between blaming him and just wanting Maddon.

True.  But reports are that they decided before Maddon became available.  It’s certainly possible that they expected maddon to be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tx Oriole said:

Replaces Hyde? 

That's how they do. Hire an inexperienced manager for the rebuild and bring in someone with more experience when it's time to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

That's how they do. Hire an inexperienced manager for the rebuild and bring in someone with more experience when it's time to win.

Oh I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...