Aglets

Game 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the rivalry game?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/6/2019 at 17:00

I'm kinda afraid to vote on this one.  The Ravens are 3.5 point favorites on the road which is interesting.    Steelers are 13th in defense for Points Allowed / game.    They are 22nd in Rush yards allowed tho and 18th in passing yards though so I guess their defense is still somewhat vulnerable.

Hard to predict how Rudolph will be against our rather.......porous.......defense.

I saw a stat last week that the Steelers have eight first round draft picks on defense.  I think the Ravens have one (Humphrey).  Steelers looked good last week.  Until the Ravens fix what is broken on their defense I won't be picking them against any good teams. 

Yeah on the one hand.................hahahahahah look at the Steelers they started out 0-3!    lolololololol

On the other hand,  they lost to NE, SEA, and SF who are a combined 11-1.    They crushed the Bengals who are def a bad team.

Really not sure what to expect.

Unfortunately, I think the Ravens lose another one. Steelers need a win as bad as the Browns last week and they're at home. 

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

Yeah on the one hand.................hahahahahah look at the Steelers they started out 0-3!    lolololololol

On the other hand,  they lost to NE, SEA, and SF who are a combined 11-1.    They crushed the Bengals who are def a bad team.

Really not sure what to expect.

The teams the Ravens and  Steelers have beaten are a combined 0-11-1.  I vote Steelers as our defense gives up more yards per play than any team in the league,

With the Ravens defense in shambles, the fact that defensive coordinators have figured out how to confuse Jackson a bit, combined with Harbaugh probably trying to go for 4th and 28 on his own 4 in the 1st quarter because the analytics told him too, and the fact they are at home, I don't see us pulling this out.

34-18 (3 TDs with three failed 2-pt conversions) Steelers.

I voted for a loss, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Ravens pull out a win.  Honestly, it all depends on what team shows up on Sunday.

Is the defense going to show up?

Is the pass rush going to consist of someone other than Judon?

Is the secondary going to get their heads out of their butts and figure out their assignments?

Is the offense going to run through Ingram?  Or are they going to try and force the throwing game again?

This is just as big of a game for the Steelers as it is for us.  They already have 3 losses, they've already lost Big Ben for the season, this is a divisional game and they're at home.  If the Ravens walk into this thinking last week was just a fluke, I think we're going to get shamed out of Heinz Field.

On 10/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, ChrisP said:

Unfortunately, I think the Ravens lose another one. Steelers need a win as bad as the Browns last week and they're at home. 

Before the season I predicted 5-11 or 6-10. That is starting to look like it makes sense.

I think this one will be ugly, but the Ravens pull it out. The secondary has obviously been terrible but Mason Rudolph is no Patrick Mahomes or Baker Mayfield. Pittsburgh's defense hasn't been great either, especially against the run. 

I am so annoyed.  I can't watch the game due to the stupid Redskins being on CBS today.  I even thought about Sunday Ticket, but that is tied to Direct TV package which is a no go for me.  Looks like online radio broadcast is my only legal option.  If the Ravens were good I would go somewhere and watch.  Not worth it this season. 

Good start.  Jackson seems to be running a lot which I like.   Not trying to get him killed, but he has to be a major threat for the offense to be successful.  In the Cleveland game I thought he tried to stay a pocket passer too much.