Aglets

Game 5: Ravens @ Steelers

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the rivalry game?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/6/2019 at 17:00

Ravens need to clean up and not be as sloppy with all the penalty flags. Lamar looked off and the defense wasn't completely awful. RIP Tony Jefferson. Onto the Bungles next sunday

I have to say the Steelers kicking the ball after winning the toss was as stupid as the Harbaughs 2 point extravaganza last week.  

Then the Steelers coaches were celebrating on the sideline as they stopped the Ravens and got the ball right where they would have if they received the ball to begin with.

Ugly win. It sounded REALLY loud in the stadium on TV. Lamar's first time in a truly hostile environment and it showed it's effects. Look forward to seeing how he responds next time around.

I'll take a win in Pittsburgh in any shape or form though.

Edited by wd40

Every team escapes with an ugly win during the season.  To do that in Pittsburgh I will take it. 

One thing is very clear to me.  I watch a lot of football, 5 games a week, and I can say without a doubt that the ravens offensive playcalling is bottom five in the league.  Some of that is due to the limitations of Lamar, and some to a limited stable of WRs, but not all of it.  

No RB screens, no jet sweeps, nothing over the top, no outs, bubble screens, uninspired off tackle runs 12 times a game.  It's scary how bad it is.

22 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Every team escapes with an ugly win during the season.  To do that in Pittsburgh I will take it. 

One thing is very clear to me.  I watch a lot of football, 5 games a week, and I can say without a doubt that the ravens offensive playcalling is bottom give in the league.  Some of that is due to the limitations of Lamar, and some to a limited stable of WRs, but not all of it.  

No RB screens, no jet sweeps, nothing over the top, no outs, bubble screens, uninspired off tackle runs 12 times a game.  It's scary how bad it is.

It's too bad, because Lamar, based on both his strengths and limitations, I think would really shine with good offensive playcalling, and might often struggle without it. 

11 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

One thing is very clear to me.  I watch a lot of football, 5 games a week, and I can say without a doubt that the ravens offensive playcalling is bottom five in the league.  Some of that is due to the limitations of Lamar, and some to a limited stable of WRs, but not all of it.  

And we have a new offensive coordinator pretty much every year and this never changes, has to make you think its Harbaugh that is the problem.

21 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

And we have a new offensive coordinator pretty much every year and this never changes, has to make you think its Harbaugh that is the problem.

I have never been a huge Harbaugh fan.  I think he has gotten better but his coordinators always feel constrained or are bad or are his scapegoats.

15 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Two more turnovers by Jackson. By far his worst game of the season. Miami was an illusion

We’ve only played one team and 4 bad ones.

Fortunately an NFL schedule isnt 16 games against SB contenders.  They are all real games, they are all real results.

The Ravens are not a SB contender yet.  I dont think until the first two games of the season anyone expected them to be.  What we should see is some growth, and while the one pick that was his fault was bad, right now I see a lack of growth in the whole team being more of a coaching issue and partly a personnel issue.