Aglets

Game 6: Ravens VS Bengals

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the rivalry game?

• Baltimore
    • Cincinnati

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2019 at 17:00

In the Baltimore Ravens' 23-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals, Jackson became the first player in the Super Bowl era to produce over 200 yards passing and 150 yards rushing in a regular-season game.

Jackson finished with 236 yards passing and 152 yards rushing against the winless Bengals. The only other quarterback to reach those marks was Colin Kaepernick in the 2012 divisional playoffs. He had 263 yards passing and 181 yards rushing.

Jackson's rushing yards fell 14 yards short of the single-game regular-season record for an NFL quarterback. Michael Vick had 166 yards rushing in 2006 against the New Orleans Saints.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27838489/ravens-quarterback-lamar-jackson-makes-dual-threat-history-win

Defense didn't look to bad, giving up 10 points. Had a few bonehead penalties at the end of the game (That last drive from the Bengals was BRUTAL by the Ravens) Special teams was fine outside of the opening kickoff. Offense needs to stall less in the red zone, and I think Brown being out had something to do with that. Tried to get to cute and overthought things. 

2 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Defense didn't look to bad, giving up 10 points. Had a few bonehead penalties at the end of the game (That last drive from the Bengals was BRUTAL by the Ravens) Special teams was fine outside of the opening kickoff. Offense needs to stall less in the red zone, and I think Brown being out had something to do with that. Tried to get to cute and overthought things. 

Our QB needs to be a QB and not an RB. He's taking several chances per game and putting himself at risk. Sooner or later someone will hit home.

27 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Our QB needs to be a QB and not an RB. He's taking several chances per game and putting himself at risk. Sooner or later someone will hit home.

I know you love to hate Lamar but he has carried this team so far.

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Outside of the first two drives by the Ravens, they have really played a poor game overall. Outside of the one FG by Tucker, the special teams have been awful, Harbaugh lost another challenge for no reason, and Andrews may have made one of the dumbest, most undisciplined plays that cost the Ravens points, and allowed the Bengals to get the ball back and score three points.

In other words, a typical Harbaugh football team. Up 17-10 at to the Bengals says a lot more about the discipline and true talent on this team. This team will be lucky to finish 8-8 when it goes into the grind of the schedule.

I will rarely defend Harbaugh anymore but I will here. The Ravens were about to get called for 12 men on the field, so I didn't think it was a bad call to challenge since they were going to lose a timeout either way to avoid the penalty. 

19 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

I know you love to hate Lamar but he has carried this team so far.

It's not about like or hate. It's reality!  You guys will be in complete denial until someone does what Ngata did to RG3 to Lamar.

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

It's not about like or hate. It's reality!  You guys will be in complete denial until someone does what Ngata did to RG3 to Lamar.

But that could happen to any QB on any play getting sacked in the pocket, too. No one is in denial of the possibility, but the rest of us aren’t waiting around for it to happen just so we can say “I told you so” on a message board.

You got to let Lamar play his game, and when he accounts for 400 yards of total offense, you got to give him credit instead of lamenting things that didn’t happen just because they *could* happen eventually.

11 minutes ago, dorfmac said:

But that could happen to any QB on any play getting sacked in the pocket, too. No one is in denial of the possibility, but the rest of us aren’t waiting around for it to happen just so we can say “I told you so” on a message board.

You got to let Lamar play his game, and when he accounts for 400 yards of total offense, you got to give him credit instead of lamenting things that didn’t happen just because they *could* happen eventually.

Sure ...Any player can get injured on any play. But when your thin QB starts forward he becomes a RB. When that happens smart QBs slide to give themselves up to avoid a serious hit and injury. Our guy doesn't do that.....wait and see!

9 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Sure ...Any player can get injured on any play. But when your thin QB starts forward he becomes a RB. When that happens smart QBs slide to give themselves up to avoid a serious hit and injury. Our guy doesn't do that.....wait and see!

This complete BS.  Let's look at injuries to QBs in the league this year.  Nick Foles, statue, gets a broken collar bone.  Drew Brees, statue, tears ligaments on thumb on a throw because the pocket collapsed and he didnt move to get more space to throw.  Trevor Semien, statue, tears ligaments in his ankle.  Randolph, pocket passer, gets concussed.  

You are going to keep spouting that he will get hurt until he gets hurt and then say "see I told you."  But the fact is football is dangerous and every player gets injured at some point.  Additionally, the evidence from this tear suggests you are wrong.  And you can cite RGIII all you want.  Brady, Palmer, Theisman....

Plenty of pocket passers have gotten just as bad.

Last you say hes "thin".  Jackson is listed at 215.

Mahomes 225

Watson 220

Ryan 220

Baker 215

Brees 210

Goff 215

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This complete BS.  Let's look at injuries to QBs in the league this year.  Nick Foles, statue, gets a broken collar bone.  Drew Brees, statue, tears ligaments on thumb on a throw because the pocket collapsed and he didnt move to get more space to throw.  Trevor Semien, statue, tears ligaments in his ankle.  Randolph, pocket passer, gets concussed.  

You are going to keep spouting that he will get hurt until he gets hurt and then say "see I told you."  But the fact is football is dangerous and every player gets injured at some point.  Additionally, the evidence from this tear suggests you are wrong.  And you can cite RGIII all you want.  Brady, Palmer, Theisman....

Mahomes 225

Watson 220

Ryan 220

Baker 215

Brees 210

Goff 215

On top of it, Jackson is pretty smart about not taking big hits. He's only had 1-2 this year that made me wince and honestly, that was per game with Flacco in the pocket.

It was nice seeing our guys wide open for a change.  Also nice seeing the ball distribution getting everyone involved.  Hopefully Brown can come back next week.  Once again though the Ravens couldn't stop an opposing receiver in Auden Tate.  Nice to see them clamp down on the running game.  

I'll gladly take the win and 2 game lead in the division, but Wilson and Brady are going to carve up our secondary the next two games.  Even in this "weak" division, its going to come down to the final weeks and a 9-7 or 8-8 might win this division.  

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Mahomes 225

Watson 220

Ryan 220

Baker 215

Brees 210

Goff 215

No it's not complete BS ..... The difference between those guys and Lamar is that his greatest assets just like RG3 were/are his wheels. RG3s are gone or he would be starting somewhere in the NFL. The same will happen to Lamar.

Wait and See!

1 hour ago, Dipper9 said:

I'll gladly take the win and 2 game lead in the division, but Wilson and Brady are going to carve up our secondary the next two games.  Even in this "weak" division, its going to come down to the final weeks and a 9-7 or 8-8 might win this division.  

Yeah I agree that it's an ugly year for our division. Even the division winner is likely an early exit. 

Even if they lose to every good team they'd need wins against the Jets, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns to finish 8-8. 

Bills, 49ers, Texans, Rams, Patriots and Seahawks .....The Ravens have been in every game except the Browns game.. I have to think they can find 2 more wins out of those six. Conversely the Seahawks and Rams didn't look so good this week.  I'm going with wins at home against the Texans and at Bills.

56 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah I agree that it's an ugly year for our division. Even the division winner is likely an early exit. 

Even if they lose to every good team they'd need wins against the Jets, Steelers, Bengals, and Browns to finish 8-8. 

Bills, 49ers, Texans, Rams, Patriots and Seahawks .....The Ravens have been in every game except the Browns game.. I have to think they can find 2 more wins out of those six. Conversely the Seahawks and Rams didn't look so good this week.  I'm going with wins at home against the Texans and at Bills.

Agree, but the Jets and Browns (and even Steelers) are not gimme wins either.  In the NFL you need to fight for every win.  We're the type of team who can upset the Seahawks in Seattle and maybe even the Patriots at home, but then turn around and lose to the Jets and Steelers.  That has been Harbaugh's MO over the years.