Aglets

Game 6: Ravens VS Bengals

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the rivalry game?

• Baltimore
    • Cincinnati

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2019 at 17:00

2 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

I'll gladly take the win and 2 game lead in the division, but Wilson and Brady are going to carve up our secondary the next two games.  Even in this "weak" division, its going to come down to the final weeks and a 9-7 or 8-8 might win this division.  

The Patriots have the easiest schedule ever.  They play Dolphins and Jets twice plus Redskins and Bengals.  Plus the rest of our division and NFC East.  

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Patriots have the easiest schedule ever.  They play Dolphins and Jets twice plus Redskins and Bengals.  Plus the rest of our division and NFC East.  

What you say is true.

That has nothing to do with the fact that we have ZERO pass rush and a terrible secondary, and Brady will carve us up like an early Thanksgiving turkey. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

No it's not complete BS ..... The difference between those guys and Lamar is that his greatest assets just like RG3 were/are his wheels. RG3s are gone or he would be starting somewhere in the NFL. The same will happen to Lamar.

Wait and See!

You're right.  All of those examples are injuries to pocket QBs that won't affect their greatest assets, their arm and their decision making.  If Lamar tears ligaments in his knee like RG3 did, it could be over for him.  And it could happen at any time.  But hey Vick avoided any major knee injuries so like Tony said maybe Lamar is smart enough to avoid the hits that RG3 wasn't.

1 hour ago, Wish said:

You're right.  All of those examples are injuries to pocket QBs that won't affect their greatest assets, their arm and their decision making.  If Lamar tears ligaments in his knee like RG3 did, it could be over for him.  And it could happen at any time.  But hey Vick avoided any major knee injuries so like Tony said maybe Lamar is smart enough to avoid the hits that RG3 wasn't.

I’m not so sure that Tony and I agree on Lamar avoiding hits. I estimate he’s taking 2 such hits per game.

Diving to the pylon after scrambling to the right comes to mind. I believe he was hit on that play by 2 defenders

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

No it's not complete BS ..... The difference between those guys and Lamar is that his greatest assets just like RG3 were/are his wheels. RG3s are gone or he would be starting somewhere in the NFL. The same will happen to Lamar.

Wait and See!

I'm of the opinion that the Redskins being dysfunctional are what led to RG3 flaming out.  He as a QB first, runner second, and he put up fantastic numbers as a rookie.  But the Redskins decision to protect him with 5 pieces of cardboard masquerading as offensive linemen (including during a PRESEASON GAME!  WHO LETS THEIR STAR QB TAKE THAT MANY HITS DURING THE PRESEASON??) are what led to his injuries and subsequent ineffectiveness.  It's a travesty that he largely got blackballed for a bunch of BS reasons after what the 'Skins did to him.  That franchise needs a new owner more than the Orioles.

39 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I'm of the opinion that the Redskins being dysfunctional are what led to RG3 flaming out.  He as a QB first, runner second, and he put up fantastic numbers as a rookie.  But the Redskins decision to protect him with 5 pieces of cardboard masquerading as offensive linemen (including during a PRESEASON GAME!  WHO LETS THEIR STAR QB TAKE THAT MANY HITS DURING THE PRESEASON??) are what led to his injuries and subsequent ineffectiveness.  It's a travesty that he largely got blackballed for a bunch of BS reasons after what the 'Skins did to him.  That franchise needs a new owner more than the Orioles.

Whatever I guess ...but the injury happened in December 2013. He was indeed scrambling when the hit happened. So blaming their Oline, or preseason hits is something you can do but probably not relevant.

5 hours ago, Dipper9 said:

What you say is true.

That has nothing to do with the fact that we have ZERO pass rush and a terrible secondary, and Brady will carve us up like an early Thanksgiving turkey. 

I would be more worried about the Patriots defense. 

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m not so sure that Tony and I agree on Lamar avoiding hits. I estimate he’s taking 2 such hits per game.

Diving to the pylon after scrambling to the right comes to mind. I believe he was hit on that play by 2 defenders

Lol, ooh so scary he was hit by 2 defenders. It’s football. He was fighting for a TD, not like Andrews stupidly hurdling for a 1 YD gain. He hasn’t taken a single high impact hit, due in large part to Ronnie Stanley being a beast on his blind side combined with his ability to avoid hits in the pocket. 

Most importantly, he is respected around the league, so guys won’t be looking for cheap shots and the like on him. Unlike someone like Baker Mayfield who people are licking their chops to hit.

Edited by wd40

11 hours ago, atomic said:

I would be more worried about the Patriots defense. 

Yea there is this........... 3 defensive touchdowns already on the season.    48 points allowed thru 6 games is just obscene.

Sure you can say it's their schedule.............but still...................

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

Yea there is this........... 3 defensive touchdowns already on the season.    48 points allowed thru 6 games is just obscene.

Sure you can say it's their schedule.............but still...................

I watched the game against the Giants and even the big completions by the Giants the cornerbacks defended them perfectly and got their hands on the balls and knocked them out momentarily.   Luck was more involved than anything on them being completions. 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:53 PM, Roll Tide said:

When Lamar was drafted, I had a lot of the same concerns. I was not a believer in a QB that you actually run plays for in the run game (due to injury) and wasn't sure Lamar could be a good enough passer to keep teams honest. 

But, after watching him through six games this year, here's where I'm at with Jackson. 

1. Jackson seems very intelligent and is very savvy to the game around him. He's not a first read is covered so take off scramble QB like I've seen in the past. When he does scramble, he rarely takes hard hits though last week I wasn't too thrilled with him getting bent backwards once and he did take an unnecessary hit to get an extra yard or two on one play.

2. From all indications Jackson is a great leader and hard worker, two things Joe Flacco was not exactly known for. 

3. Jackson is a world class athlete and looks like that looks that includes flexibility and quick twitch ability to avoid injury. 

4. While he's not going to be Brady with his accuracy, he has shown enough ability to throw down the seams to keep defenses pretty honest. He also does a pretty good job of protecting the ball and not making low percentage dangerous throws for the most part (outside of the Browns game). 

5. His intelligence allows him to learn each week and you don't see him making the same mistake twice. Last week he did not dance in the pocket and end up with a sack. Once he felt the pressure he moved away from it.

6. The fact that he's carrying the ball 10+ times a game does him make him more of injury risk, but that's just a matter of the fact that the more times any player touches a ball the more chances they have of getting hurt. If I saw recklessness (Like with Andrews) I'd have more concerns.

7. End of the day, I just enjoy watching him play. He does things that others can not and he's the kind of guy I'd pay to watch play because we never know what he's capable of doing week in and week out. I know I'm 1000 times happier watching him play then watching regular season Joe (3 and out) Flacco play.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

When Lamar was drafted, I had a lot of the same concerns. I was not a believer in a QB that you actually run plays for in the run game (due to injury) and wasn't sure Lamar could be a good enough passer to keep teams honest. 

But, after watching him through six games this year, here's where I'm at with Jackson. 

1. Jackson seems very intelligent and is very savvy to the game around him. He's not a first read is covered so take off scramble QB like I've seen in the past. When he does scramble, he rarely takes hard hits though last week I wasn't too thrilled with him getting bent backwards once and he did take an unnecessary hit to get an extra yard or two on one play.

2. From all indications Jackson is a great leader and hard worker, two things Joe Flacco was not exactly known for. 

3. Jackson is a world class athlete and looks like that looks like it includes flexibility and quick twitch ability to avoid injury. 

4. While he's not going to be Brady with his accuracy, he has shown enough ability to throw down the seams to keep defenses pretty honest. He also does a pretty good job of protecting the ball and not making low percentage dangerous throws for the most part (outside of the Browns game). 

5. His intelligence allows him to learn each week and you don't see him making the same mistake twice. Last week he did not dance in the pocket and end up with a sack. Once he felt the pressure he moved away from it.

6. The fact that he's carrying the ball 10+ times a game does him make him more of injury risk, but that's just a matter of the fact that the more times any player touches a ball the more chances they have of getting hurt. If I saw recklessness (Like with Andrews) I'd have more concerns.

7. End of the day, I just enjoy watching him play. He does things that others can not and he's the kind of guy I'd pay to watch play because we never know what he's capable of doing week in and week out. I know I'm 1000 times happier watching him play then watching regular season Joe (3 and out) Flacco play.

This nails it, and sells short the upside. I mean, he left a handful of plays on the field this past Sunday and still had 400 total yards passing/running. On the good days where he makes those plays? Holy cow.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

3. Jackson is a world class athlete and looks like that looks that includes flexibility and quick twitch ability to avoid injury. 

Here is an article by Mike Preston

Preston: Can Ravens QB Lamar Jackson hold up at this pace for the rest of the season?

o...... Sorry can’t get the link on my phone. It’s echoes everything I’ve been saying.

1) I think he’s averaging 2-3 of those hits per game. So does Preston! I think he has good football instincts and puts the blame for bad outcomes on himself. I’m sure sure if he’s intelligent or not. I personally don’t think he interviews well.

2) I know the players speak highly of him. So we id have to agree

3) Tony ... I bet you would have said the same about RG3. An ACL, MCL, and PCL are what they are and being a great athlete doesn’t make them anymore flexible

4) I think Lamar has been mediocre throwing outside of the Dolphins game. 

5) again, I think he has good/great football instincts. 

I think games against Seattle, LA Rams, Patriots will tell you more than most of the games he has already played.I wasn’t impressed with the Cleveland or Kansas City game.

6) Here we seriously disagree! Once he clears the LOS he becomes a RB. He’s going to be exposed to dives at his most important asset (his legs). Guys are going to take cheap shots.

7) This is obvious with your sudden appearances in the Ravens section after being absent for years. I thought the kneeling was the reason. But perhaps it was the style of play under Flacco. 

@Tony-OH

Here is part of an article from a Louisville Courier about Lamar’s Wonderlich score being low. Sorry my iPhone won’t capture the link. But as I said, I think he has good:great football instincts. I am not impressed by his interviews

If the leaks are to be believed, Lamar Jackson’s Wonderlic score is lower than that of the typical janitor.

If scientific studies are to be believed, however, quantifiable brainpower will have little bearing on his future in professional football. 

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Here is an article by Mike PrestonPreston: Can Ravens QB Lamar Jackson hold up at this pace for the rest of the season?

o...... Sorry can’t get the link on my phone. It’s echoes everything I’ve been saying.

1) I think he’s averaging 2-3 of those hits per game. So does Preston! I think he has good football instincts and puts the blame for bad outcomes on himself. I’m sure sure if he’s intelligent or not. I personally don’t think he interviews well.

2) I know the players speak highly of him. So we id have to agree

3) Tony ... I bet you would have said the same about RG3. An ACL, MCL, and PCL are what they are and being a great athlete doesn’t make them anymore flexible

4) I think Lamar has been mediocre throwing outside of the Dolphins game. 

5) again, I think he has good/great football instincts. 

I think games against Seattle, LA Rams, Patriots will tell you more than most of the games he has already played.I wasn’t impressed with the Cleveland or Kansas City game.

6) Here we seriously disagree! Once he clears the LOS he becomes a RB. He’s going to be exposed to dives at his most important asset (his legs). Guys are going to take cheap shots.

7) This is obvious with your sudden appearances in the Ravens section after being absent for years. I thought the kneeling was the reason. But perhaps it was the style of play under Flacco. 

I took two years off after what happened in London so it has nothing to do with Jackson/Flacco. Regardless, Jackson is the first guy I love to watch play on the Ravens since Ray Rice, though maybe I could add in Steve Smith.