Sign in to follow this  
weams

Anyone got nine more years? ...

15 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Thanks Drungo for this important and insightful clarification that the Nats were done rebuilding in 2012.  And that it didn't take 10 years.

They moved over here in 2005 so it only took them EIGHT years.

I feel much better now!   :)

So it is really almost twenty until they were successful Thanks for the clarification. 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Screw the Gnats. Please don't use them as an example of anything related to the O's. 

AMEN. The only good thing about the Nats winning is that the Dodgers lost. If there’s a NY-Washington World Series I’m going  to camp in Alaska for a couple weeks.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, weams said:

So it is really almost twenty until they were successful Thanks for the clarification. 

The Nationals have only existed for like 15 seasons.   So no that's not what I was saying.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Didn't it take us 14 years last time?

I'd be happy with a repeat of '89 next year even if we don't win a postseason series.

Me too. Or even 2005.

Just now, Aglets said:

The Nationals have only existed for like 15 seasons.   So no that's not what I was saying.

Ok. You don't count the building years as a MLB owned Expos franchise? 

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

There was also the postseason where they decided to shoot themselves in the foot by not using Strasburg.

That team lost because their bullpen imploded.    Meanwhile, Strasburg is still healthy 7 years later post-TJ, so I’m not going to say their decision was wrong.    They shut him down well before the post-season.    

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Ok. You don't count the building years as a MLB owned Expos franchise? 

MLB was trying to improve the Expos? :) :) :)

Thats news to me.

Just now, Frobby said:

That team lost because their bullpen imploded.    Meanwhile, Strasburg is still healthy 7 years later post-TJ, so I’m not going to say their decision was wrong.    They shut him down well before the post-season.    

I think Dusty said something about better for short term lose of Strasburg and get him healthy for a solid 10+ year run.

42 minutes ago, GuidoSarducci said:

The AL East has sent a team in the WC just about every year.  Every team in the division has won a playoff round (WC or series) in the last five years.   I don't think any other division can claim that. 

I know. IMO its the  toughest division in MLB, but I was poking a little fun at the idea that all five teams are good at the same time. 

2 hours ago, weams said:

I think they defined success as winning a postseason series.  I don't think they value just getting to the wildcard.  No one could have thought that DC was successful prior to this season. 

Put it this way: it may have taken 10 years to win a postseason series, but their regular season success has been very good in the last 8 years and I won’t necessarily consider 2019 to be more successful than 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 (when they won division titles) just because they won one postseason series.    Now if they win the next one and go to the WS, I’ll say I consider that a more successful season than their previous division-winning seasons.    

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

It would also help if they moved the Phillies to Austin, the Pirates to Portland, and forced every man, woman, and child in Pennsylvania, the Carolinas, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware and Maryland to pay $6 a month to MASN.  Who cares what actual people want, it's all about making the Orioles more competitive and profitable.

tumblr_ncfj9rrWux1qa6rsvo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, weams said:

Imagine how much quicker it would have been if not for the O's siphoning off all those MASN dollars.  Angelos for the win!

• Upvote 1