Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Game 7: Ravens @ Seahawks

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who you got?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2019 at 20:25

25 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Andrews had a tough game ...but I suspect the the hit/tackle on the completion that was 1 1/2 yards short of the first probably had him antsy later in the game.

I think the ball was greased from the rain and he had trouble keeping it in his hands.  Metcalf's fumble was also completely unforced and the rain is the only logical explanation there.

11 hours ago, Elbren said:

I'm a little mixed on this.  Happy they scored, but it's a little ridiculous that, despite the weather, limited personal on the field and inability in the passing game today, they would still rather look to pass the ball or expect Lamar to "do something special" w/ his feet rather than hand the ball off to Ingram.

Game is almost over and he still only has 12 touches.  Why did we sign this guy if we're not going to include him in the offense?

Russell Wilson has been beaten twice, including yesterday, at home by an AFC team, and you're going to raf on how they won by double digits.

If Ingram was dog tired come the playoffs you would complaining they over used him.  The fact is that according to PFF Edward's has been just as good, so I think you should praise the coaching staff for doing one thing exceptionally well, and that is not overusing players.

Besides a guy tied for the league lead in TDs is not being underutilized.

Strategically, there is a real difference between a QB sneak which gets the ball across the line quickly and a 5 yard drop back that hands the ball to the RB 4-6 yards deep.

Thrilled that they came away with the W.   I have some mixed feelings about the offensive performance (they looked pretty out of sync, especially in the first half).... I wish we had a bit more balance in the rushing/passing attack.........but it was awesome to see them just impose their will in the 4th quarter on that 9 minute drive.

Defense played awesome and obviously helped us win just us much as Lamar by giving us 14 points.  Lamar was a joy to watch when he was just picking up first downs at will.  And it's not his fault that Andrews had Crisco on his gloves all game long.

However I would not be nearly as harsh on the offense as Preston is:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-ravens-report-card-grades-preston-seahawks-20191021-gvxyawe44nbp7ofjwhdzqbtu3u-story.html

heh

I actually thought the first drive had some really nice play calls to stretch the field side to side and vertically.  Involved wide recievers well and provided a good foundation to stretch the field for the rest of the game.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:40 AM, ChrisP said:

Yes, Wilson is a clutch play maker, but Sea can't cover a TE and we have one of the best in the league. With the way Bal can run the ball and keep the other team off the field, they can stay in any game. Lamar can do what Lamar does and leave defenders looking silly. I'll call an upset and take Bal 27-24.  

I had a feeling about this one..

10 hours ago, Aglets said:

Thrilled that they came away with the W.   I have some mixed feelings about the offensive performance (they looked pretty out of sync, especially in the first half).... I wish we had a bit more balance in the rushing/passing attack.........but it was awesome to see them just impose their will in the 4th quarter on that 9 minute drive.

Defense played awesome and obviously helped us win just us much as Lamar by giving us 14 points.  Lamar was a joy to watch when he was just picking up first downs at will.  And it's not his fault that Andrews had Crisco on his gloves all game long.

However I would not be nearly as harsh on the offense as Preston is:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-ravens-report-card-grades-preston-seahawks-20191021-gvxyawe44nbp7ofjwhdzqbtu3u-story.html

heh

This is what he had to say:

Lamar Jackson struggled passing most of the game and it appears that the league has figured out how to take away some of his easy throws. He threw behind and low to a lot of receivers. As usual, he remains the team’s top offensive weapon with his legs. Jackson isn’t a complete quarterback yet, but he can make big plays from anywhere on the field. Grade: C+

————————————————————————-

Honestly he’s pretty accurate. 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

This is what he had to say:

Lamar Jackson struggled passing most of the game and it appears that the league has figured out how to take away some of his easy throws. He threw behind and low to a lot of receivers. As usual, he remains the team’s top offensive weapon with his legs. Jackson isn’t a complete quarterback yet, but he can make big plays from anywhere on the field. Grade: C+

————————————————————————-

Honestly he’s pretty accurate. 

I don't think Preston is giving enough of an adjustment because of weather conditions.  MVP candidate Russell Wilson played worse, against a statistically worse pass defense.