Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TonySoprano

Predict the Next Terps FB Victory

Recommended Posts

Well, Locksley has 3 wins so far, which matches his entire career head coaching record.   Two of the three were against those rugged Howard U Bisons and that perennial powerhouse from Joysey, Rutgers.
Remaining schedule.  Which game do the Terps win?  As for me, I'll make my pick when I see the 2020 schedule.

Sat, Oct 26
@Minnesota20 Minnesota
     
Sat, Nov 2
vsMichigan16 Michigan
     
Sat, Nov 9      
Sat, Nov 23      
Sat, Nov 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minnesota 52-10

I went to MD in the early 80s and back then,  the Homecoming opponent was one that the Terps had a reasonable chance to beat.  This year, it's Michigan.   Bringing back the Bobby Ross era uniforms from my undergraduate years won't add a single point to the scoreboard.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 1:03 PM, TonySoprano said:

Minnesota 52-10

I went to MD in the early 80s and back then,  the Homecoming opponent was one that the Terps had a reasonable chance to beat.  This year, it's Michigan.   Bringing back the Bobby Ross era uniforms from my undergraduate years won't add a single point to the scoreboard.   

Nope. Honestly all it will do is tarnish a uniform that was worn with pride because the team was not a laughing stock. I would not be surprise to see a lot of transfers after this disastrous season. 

The DMV has been lost to Penn State and until they hire a coach with a winning background who can convince kids that Maryland is the place that can help them get to the NFL then this program will continue to be a laughing stock afterthought in the Big 10.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Nope. Honestly all it will do is tarnish a uniform that was worn with pride because the team was not a laughing stock. I would not be surprise to see a lot of transfers after this disastrous season. 

The DMV has been lost to Penn State and until they hire a coach with a winning background who can convince kids that Maryland is the place that can help them get to the NFL then this program will continue to be a laughing stock afterthought in the Big 10.

Spending tens of millions on turning Cole Field House into a "Performance Center" will never pay off as an investment.   Now they want to do it all over again building one for the basketball teams.   Message to that idiot, Dr. Loh.  Fundraise to fix the dorms instead.  Does another student have to die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State, which just thrashed Wisconsin 38-7, is a 44.5 point favorite against the visiting Terps.  The Terps were down 7-0 in less than 30 seconds into their Homecoming game.  Maryland, which lost by an identical 38-7 score to Michigan, still remains optimistic..if you believe what Locksley's shoveling.

Quote

“We just got to keep building. We’re headed in the right direction, we just got to keep going. There’s little things that we need to fix, but we’re almost there," he said. “As I told our team, I thought we took a step forward in terms of the type of effort that we need to play with for 60 minutes and playing with heart, pride and I saw that all the way to the end of the last drive ... I think we can build with that type of fight," he said. "

In their 3 victories, the Terps held a 190-27 advantage.   It's 76-243 in the 6 losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State beat the #20 Cincinnati bears 42-0.  I'd but shocked if Terps cover the 44.5.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 11:49 PM, Wish said:

Ohio State beat the #20 Cincinnati bears 42-0.  I'd but shocked if Terps cover the 44.5.

OSU covered - with 11:28 to go in the 3rd.  49-0.   2nd half, OSU using 2nd string and still a huge mismatch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Maryland consider ever dropping football? Is the program profitable? Could the school move its football program to a lesser light conference? Those are just a few of the questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...