Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
orpheus100

Nats not winning the World Series thank god

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, makoman said:

My experience is similar. I lived in DC or NoVA from 2000-2008. I didn't really know many O's fans, most people either didn't care about baseball or were fans of other teams, the O's being the closest didn't seem to create a ton of fans as far as I could tell. Sure people would go to a game once in a while just cause it was something to do, but it's just a pain to get to OPACY after a normal work day. I think the Nats coming woke up a lot of people who didn't care that much previously but were happy to follow their own local team, rather than converting people who were already fans of the O's or somebody else.

Yep. I mean I definitely remember stores selling O's shirts and hats and stuff back in the 90s/early 2000s, but I honestly don't know who was wearing them. I had a good friend in elementary school who loved the O's like I did and he had a couple of Brady Anderson shirts he would wear regularly and while I don't keep in touch with him anymore, last I checked he still goes to games and stuff at OPACY every once in a while. 

But otherwise, nah. After the aforementioned friend moved away, I was the only one at my schools wearing O's gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mondo Trasho said:

 

I'm 31.

 

o

 

From when you were in 1st grade ........ the 1994 Orioles.

 

 

1994 Studio Baltimore Orioles Team Set 8 Cards

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mondo Trasho said:

Yep. I mean I definitely remember stores selling O's shirts and hats and stuff back in the 90s/early 2000s, but I honestly don't know who was wearing them. I had a good friend in elementary school who loved the O's like I did and he had a couple of Brady Anderson shirts he would wear regularly and while I don't keep in touch with him anymore, last I checked he still goes to games and stuff at OPACY every once in a while. 

But otherwise, nah. After the aforementioned friend moved away, I was the only one at my schools wearing O's gear. 

I think this is a bit oversimplified, but basically correct.   I knew quite a few DC area fans who were pretty passionate about the O’s, but only because they loved baseball and DC didn’t have its own team.    I know others who stuck with the O’s when the Nats returned.    But it’s gotten harder and harder to drive to Baltimore from DC, especially on weeknights, and that’s caused a lot of DC area fans who used to buy Orioles tickets to go see Nats games instead.   Also, I know quite a few people who rooted for the O’s for a while but abandoned them because Peter Angelos was trying to stop DC from getting its own team.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I think this is a bit oversimplified, but basically correct.   I knew quite a few DC area fans who were pretty passionate about the O’s, but only because they loved baseball and DC didn’t have its own team.    I know others who stuck with the O’s when the Nats returned.    But it’s gotten harder and harder to drive to Baltimore from DC, especially on weeknights, and that’s caused a lot of DC area fans who used to buy Orioles tickets to go see Nats games instead.   Also, I know quite a few people who rooted for the O’s for a while but abandoned them because Peter Angelos was trying to stop DC from getting its own team.   

From my house it is faster to get to DC for the game, but much longer to get home than from Baltimore even though DC is fewer miles.  It’s hard to do either from here on a weeknight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think this is a bit oversimplified, but basically correct.   I knew quite a few DC area fans who were pretty passionate about the O’s, but only because they loved baseball and DC didn’t have its own team.    I know others who stuck with the O’s when the Nats returned.    But it’s gotten harder and harder to drive to Baltimore from DC, especially on weeknights, and that’s caused a lot of DC area fans who used to buy Orioles tickets to go see Nats games instead.   Also, I know quite a few people who rooted for the O’s for a while but abandoned them because Peter Angelos was trying to stop DC from getting its own team.   

I also think some Oriole fans have stopped being Oriole fans, due to Peer Angelos, and that has nothing to do with a team in or not in DC.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I wonder how the Vegas money is showing now, on who is expected to win the WS

The Nats will win. I just don’t see the Stros winning the last game at home. They couldn’t win one of the first 3.  Wish I where wrong but I just don’t think I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a coin flip.    I think in this series we are seeing that really good pitching shuts down really good hitting.   Will that continue?  Someone is going to step up tonight and dominate.  It could be  someone from either team.  That team wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nats are back to not hitting.  I had a feeling this would happen after they scored the 7 from last night.  I have to tip my hat to the Astro’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

The Nats are back to not hitting.  I had a feeling this would happen after they scored the 7 from last night.  I have to tip my hat to the Astro’s.

Or, not.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...