Sign in to follow this  
orpheus100

Nats not winning the World Series thank god

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s official.   Stupidest.   Thread.   Ever.

I guess you haven’t read the Chris Davis Salary Dump Matches thread.

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:03 PM, Frobby said:

Of course, I was just kidding around with my comment.   But, I have some personal experience with the topic.    I'm Jewish, my wife is nominally Episcopalian.   We discussed the religion issue before we got engaged and basically decided nobody would convert but that our kids would be raised in the Jewish tradition.   This was a bit tricky since traditionally Jewish belief was that religion is determined by the mother.   But, we found a synagogue that was receptive to interfaith couples and would treat our kids as Jewish for purposes of bar/bat mitzvahs, etc.   We are still happily married after 32 years, but I'd definitely say the religious differences have caused mild stresses at times.   I can see the benefit of one spouse changing religions, but of course that would cause its own stresses, I'm sure.  

My best mate, who got me into baseball, is not Jewish but his wife is.  From what he told me he had to least  consider converting but ultimately wouldn't have to if he didn't want to, for his wedding to have been sanctioned.  

And he even had a custom made kippa with The Orioles logo in the center, for his wedding.

Edited by KylOriole Ren

4 minutes ago, KylOriole Ren said:

My best mate, who got me into baseball, is not Jewish but his wife is.  From what he told me he had to least  consider converting but ultimately wouldn't have to if he didn't want to, for his wedding to have been sanctioned.  

And he even had a custom made kippa with The Orioles logo in the center, for his wedding.

I think my son has an Orioles kippa, but I don’t, because I didn’t want to mix my two religions!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CynBeth said:

OMG we did it!

Well it was weird WS. I mean the home teams didn’t win at home. I foolishly thought the Stros could win 1 game out of 4. Oh well I love the Astros but things happen. That’s why I like baseball so much. Underdogs can win. 

On 10/30/2019 at 11:57 PM, Frobby said:

It’s official.   Stupidest.   Thread.   Ever.

I can't wait for the OP to start a few more threads:

"The Titanic's maiden voyage will go perfectly, thank god"

"Dewey defeated Truman, thank god"

"These eggs haven't hatched yet, but I've gone ahead and counted them, thank god"

• Haha 1