ScGO's

Trade Bait 2020

59 minutes ago, survivedc said:

You don鈥檛 think Castro would have any value?

He's been impressive in a SSS this year.聽 Prior to this year he's walked way too many to be a reliable BP piece.聽 Maybe if he has another few good weeks a team would give a mid-level player for him.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

1) Alex Cobb- If Cobb pitches well this season聽he will not be an Orioles next season. 聽Whether he is traded in late August or 聽over the winter Elias is not going to carry his salary at his age on a rebuilding team. 聽聽

2) Hanser Alberto- Is a leader of the rebuild. 聽 He will not be traded this year. 聽

3) Jose Iglesias- 聽Was brought in to stabilize the infield. 聽He is doing that. 聽There is no one pushing for the SS job. 聽He will stay. Also a leader.

4) Pedro Severino- 聽Is safe until Rutschman is ready. 聽Then there will be a choice between him and Sisco.

5) Wade Leblanc / Tommy Millone- 聽FAs at the end of the season. 聽They are available for trade if anyone wants to give something of value for them.

6) Pat Valaika- 聽No one will offer anything of value for him.

7) Mychal Givens- 聽Drop in velo in concerning. 聽 Probably cause other teams to shy away from him.

8聽聽Miguel Castro- He is young and part of the rebuild. 聽He will not be traded unless someone offers a ton.

9) Shawn Armstrong- 聽I doubt he has much trade value. 聽Terrible ERA last season. 聽 Leaves too many pitches in the middle of the plate. 聽聽.

10) Trey Mancini- 聽 O's first baseman next season. 聽 His trade value will be down until he prove he is healthy and has not lost anything.

It will be interesting to see how many deals actually occur聽

2 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

How much salary should Elias be willing to eat on Cobb to be able to get a decent prospect? Is it worth covering $5-7M of his 2021 contract if it means a higher quality return? Would that be enough?

Because the the shortage of quality starters, 聽Elias should not eat any salary and still get a good prospect or two. 聽 If that does not happen in August he should wait until the off season.

Just now, wildcard said:

Because the the shortage of quality starters, 聽Elias should not eat any salary and still get a good prospect or two. 聽 If that does not happen in August he should wait until the off season.

That would be nice but yea, no team is eating that whole contract and giving up something good.

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If Cobb is an effective starting pitcher, what is 14 million for 2021 to a contender like the Yankees or Dodgers or any big revenue club?

The idea isn't that they can't eat it, it's that it's much more appealing to not add a contract of that magnitude.

I'd pay it in full if it meant getting a top-5 in the pool prospect

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

What's the value of quality starting pitching on the free agent market right now?

No idea.

I know that before two down years with the O's none of these teams wanted him as a free agent.聽 Makes me think they aren't going to be interested in year four of the deal.

Who do you O's fans want from the Mets ..........I keep having Mets fans on my block ask if O's have any starters available ...................................(And now Stroman has opted out as of today so I will get the question again most likely ).

2 hours ago, MountUrCastle said:

The idea isn't that they can't eat it, it's that it's much more appealing to not add a contract of that magnitude.

I'd pay it in full if it meant getting a top-5 in the pool prospect

It won鈥檛.

It is unclear if this fiasco of a season is even going to continue. No team is going to trade away meaningful assets in an effort to improve enough to succeed in聽this stupid set of playoffs.

The bad teams have a legitimate chance to get better, if not meaningfully so.聽The Good teams have no reason to make any serious moves. Yankees/Dodgers and who cares.

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 1