Aglets

Game 9: Ravens @ Bengals

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Baltimore
    • Cincinnati

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2019 at 18:00

1 hour ago, Brian88 said:

Their defense is really good but I'm not buying into the Steelers being a threat. Who have they beaten? The Rams who can't play on the road, the Colts with their backup QB, and a terrible Dolphins, Bengals, and Chargers teams. I think they finish 9-7, which is pretty good considering all of their injuries.

I am married to a steelers fan so I have seen all of Mason Rudolph.  He is not good.  She doesnt think he is good.  He survives largely on short passes.  He does not have an arm to speak of.  The defense is amazing right now but they have not played a real offense.

I think the Browns, Cardinals, and Bill's (as a team) will give them problems.

Also we face a bunch of teams that may look better than they are.  For instance the Bills have not beaten anyone with a winning record. They have beaten teams like the Jets, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins and Bengals.  

38 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I am married to a steelers fan so I have seen all of Mason Rudolph.  He is not good.  She doesnt think he is good.  He survives largely on short passes.  He does not have an arm to speak of.  The defense is amazing right now but they have not played a real offense.

I think the Browns, Cardinals, and Bill's (as a team) will give them problems.

He was rated as one of the 5 worst QBs by Pff coming into this week.

2 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Their defense is really good but I'm not buying into the Steelers being a threat. Who have they beaten? The Rams who can't play on the road, the Colts with their backup QB, and a terrible Dolphins, Bengals, and Chargers teams. I think they finish 9-7, which is pretty good considering all of their injuries.

They play Cleveland (3-6) twice (who unlike us they handle pretty well), the Bengals (0-9), Cardinals (3-6-1), Bills (6-3), Jets (2-7), and Ravens (7-2).

So the only games they have left are the Bills and US. They have the Bills at home which will favor the Steelers. So let's say they lose to the Bills... It would be easy to see them finishing 10-5.

We have Texans-Home (6-3) , Rams-Away (5-4) , 49ers-Home (8-0),  Bills-Away  (6-3), Jets Away (2-7), Browns (3-6), Steelers- Home (5-4).

The schedule clearly favors the Steelers who have come back from the dead!

One loss to any of those teams could lead to a playoff game in week 16. Remember that we lost to the Browns and the Steelers could run the division leaving a pretty tight scenario in week 16.

I know we look like world beaters and have won 5 in a row but our arch enemy has won 4 in a row with their 2nd and 3rd string QBs. Also the teams that the Steelers play before week 16 are more likely to throw in the towel the last few weeks. So the only real game they have before our meeting is likely the Bills. We would have the Jets and Browns, but do you expect the Browns to play us tough regardless of the record? I do

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

They play Cleveland (3-6) twice (who unlike us they handle pretty well), the Bengals (0-9), Cardinals (3-6-1), Bills (6-3), Jets (2-7), and Ravens (7-2).

I'm not going to just give the Steelers a win for any of these games except the Bengals and Jets. I can easily see them losing any of the other games. Like I said, assuming wins for a team with a bad QB is tough.

Not to mention the Steelers are 2 games behind the Ravens. So even if the Ravens go 3-4 the rest of the way and finish 10-6 the Steelers have to go 5-2 just to have the same record.

3 hours ago, Brian88 said:

Not to mention the Steelers are 2 games behind the Ravens. So even if the Ravens go 3-4 the rest of the way and finish 10-6 the Steelers have to go 5-2 just to have the same record.

If the Steelers win through week 16 and we lose one they'd be 1 game back when we meet in the season finale. Not sure what the tiebreaker would be. But if that happens they'd hold the record in the division if that were to happen. Obviously we have a good ways to go but their schedule sure is soft.

Apparently Michael Pierce was only in for 3 snaps for this game before leaving with an injury.  :(

So maybe that goes to partially explain why our defense looked so mediocre at times?    If so hopefully he has a quick recovery, we are about to play a pretty decent Houston offense and a.....potentially good offense in LA.   Harbaugh is saying day-to-day right now.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:12 PM, Brian88 said:

I'm not going to just give the Steelers a win for any of these games except the Bengals and Jets. I can easily see them losing any of the other games. Like I said, assuming wins for a team with a bad QB is tough.

I doubt they even beat the Jets.  I am not sure why people worry about things like this.  The Ravens are 7-2 and have beat the Patriots and Seahawks.  The question isn’t whether they win division it is if they get a bye week in playoffs.  The Steelers are awful.  

Looks like Steelers will be without their 7 time pro bowl center next game.  Hit a player in the head with his own helmet and pentalties offset.  

56 minutes ago, atomic said:

Looks like Steelers will be without their 7 time pro bowl center next game.  Hit a player in the head with his own helmet and pentalties offset.  

What?  The Browns’ Garrett was the one who swung the helmet.

Don’t know what they do with Pouncey or if they do anything to him at all.  But Garrett should get a 16 game suspension. Minimum.

5 hours ago, backwardsk said:

What?  The Browns’ Garrett was the one who swung the helmet.

Don’t know what they do with Pouncey or if they do anything to him at all.  But Garrett should get a 16 game suspension. Minimum.

I think both should be suspended. Garrett had a ton of talent and a 5 cent head. Pounced was just reacting but kicking Garrett in his head was unacceptable.

My prediction is 4 games for Garrett and 2 games for Poncey.

7 hours ago, atomic said:

You're confusing the black and gold uniform with the orange and brown one.   They are different teams.

Garrett will be out for the rest of the season, minimum.  I feel pretty confident about that.

51 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think both should be suspended. Garrett had a ton of talent and a 5 cent head. Pounced was just reacting but kicking Garrett in his head was unacceptable.

My prediction is 4 games for Garrett and 2 games for Poncey.

Four games for what Garrett did would be unacceptable.  They have to come down on him hard.

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

You're confusing the black and gold uniform with the orange and brown one.   They are different teams.

Garrett will be out for the rest of the season, minimum.  I feel pretty confident about that.

I am not confused the Steeler player kicked a guy in the head while he was on the ground.

I think people are going overboard on Garrett helmet incident.  He deserves a suspension but he didn't injure anyone.  Two Brown players simultaneously hit a Steeler receiver with helmet to helmet contact causing him an injury yet no one even cares.  I find the whole thing comical.  Just because something is bizarre doesn't mean he deserves a season long suspension. 

I would say punching someone and kicking him in the head when he is down is the equivalent of a non injury hitting someone with their helmet.