Aglets

Game 9: Ravens @ Bengals

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Baltimore
    • Cincinnati

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2019 at 18:00

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Four games for what Garrett did would be unacceptable.  They have to come down on him hard.

Why?  I don't understand this line of thinking.  No one was injured. If someone was injured than you come down hard on him but anything over 4 games is insane.  

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Four games for what Garrett did would be unacceptable.  They have to come down on him hard.

There's no way Garrett should get a longer suspension than Kareem Hunt and Ray Rice.  He'll get 4-6 games.  What about Rudolph who started the whole thing by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off? And Pouncey as well. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think both should be suspended. Garrett had a ton of talent and a 5 cent head. Pounced was just reacting but kicking Garrett in his head was unacceptable.

My prediction is 4 games for Garrett and 2 games for Poncey.

That seems about right.  No one was injured in either case.   Neither guy has prior issues.  I don't get the uproar.  It was a heat of the moment thing. 

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

I am not confused the Steeler player kicked a guy in the head while he was on the ground.

I think people are going overboard on Garrett helmet incident.  He deserves a suspension but he didn't injure anyone.  Two Brown players simultaneously hit a Steeler receiver with helmet to helmet contact causing him an injury yet no one even cares.  I find the whole thing comical.  Just because something is bizarre doesn't mean he deserves a season long suspension. 

I would say punching someone and kicking him in the head when he is down is the equivalent of a non injury hitting someone with their helmet. 

Reread your prior post.

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

There's no way Garrett should get a longer suspension than Kareem Hunt and Ray Rice.  He'll get 4-6 games.  What about Rudolph who started the whole thing by trying to rip Garrett's helmet off? And Pouncey as well. 

Funny thing is pitchers throw at the heads of batters all the time which could potentially kill a person and no one on here ever calls for season long suspensions.  I think it is just out of the norm why people are overreacting. 

Machado threw a bat at a player and no one was calling for his suspension for the season.  He latter punched a player and then tried to injure another player by trying to step on his leg while running and yet not one person on here was calling for a season long suspension.  And baseball isn't even a physical contact sport. 

10 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why?  I don't understand this line of thinking.  No one was injured. If someone was injured than you come down hard on him but anything over 4 games is insane.  

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

That seems about right.  No one was injured in either case.   Neither guy has prior issues.  I don't get the uproar.  It was a heat of the moment thing. 

Garrett hasn’t had prior issues?  So he was fined $42k earlier this season for nothing?

9 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Burflict got more games than Hunt and Rice.

Pouncey will likely get suspended.

Nothing will happen to Rudolph.  Garrett drove him to the ground well after the pass.

21 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Burflict got more games than Hunt and Rice.

Pouncey will likely get suspended.

Nothing will happen to Rudolph.  Garrett drove him to the ground well after the pass.

How many offenses did Burfict have when he got suspended?  You can't compare Garrett's situation to his. 

10 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

How many offenses did Burfict have when he got suspended?  You can't compare Garrett's situation to his. 

And, at the same time, you can’t compare this to the off field happenings of Rice and Hunt*.

You could compare it Haynesworth who got five games.  This is worse in my opinion.

*Regarding Hunt, was he only suspended for eight games?  He didn’t play at all in 2018.  Was he not suspended?  Wonder if he still would have received 8 games if someone signed him in September.

4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

And, at the same time, you can’t compare this to the off field happenings of Rice and Hunt*.

You could compare it Haynesworth who got five games.  This is worse in my opinion.

*Regarding Hunt, was he only suspended for eight games?  He didn’t play at all in 2018.  Was he not suspended?  Wonder if he still would have received 8 games if someone signed him in September.

Looks like Hunt played in 11 games in 2018.  The Chiefs cut him in November, and I guess he was just a free agent while the investigation was ongoing.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Looks like Hunt played in 11 games in 2018.  The Chiefs cut him in November, and I guess he was just a free agent while the investigation was ongoing.

Thanks.  So the incident took place in the summer, but the footage didn’t come out until later in the season.   

4 hours ago, atomic said:

I am not confused the Steeler player kicked a guy in the head while he was on the ground.

I think people are going overboard on Garrett helmet incident.  He deserves a suspension but he didn't injure anyone.  Two Brown players simultaneously hit a Steeler receiver with helmet to helmet contact causing him an injury yet no one even cares.  I find the whole thing comical.  Just because something is bizarre doesn't mean he deserves a season long suspension. 

I would say punching someone and kicking him in the head when he is down is the equivalent of a non injury hitting someone with their helmet. 

Are you kidding me? Did you see the incident?  I was watching it as it happened.  Garrett ripped Rudolph's helmet off and swung it at his head using the helmet as a weapon.  He is lucky not to be arrested for assault.   Pouncey kicked Garrett in the head as retaliation, but Garrett had his helmet on for protection.  Two very different things. 

I am not sure what set Garrett off.  I think Rudolph's hand got stuck in Garrett's helmet as he was tackled and he mistook that action as some form of assault.  Lost in all of this is Garrett's hard take down of Rudolph on this play which should have been a roughing the passer penalty.  No reason for any of it with 8 seconds left in the game. 

Garrett deserves a year long suspension and mandatory anger management training.   Image if this assault would have been on Lamar?  

5 minutes ago, SouthRider said:

Are you kidding me? Did you see the incident?  I was watching it as it happened.  Garrett ripped Rudolph's helmet off and swung it at his head using the helmet as a weapon.  He is lucky not to be arrested for assault.   Pouncey kicked Garrett in the head as retaliation, but Garrett had his helmet on for protection.  Two very different things. 

I am not sure what set Garrett off.  I think Rudolph's hand got stuck in Garrett's helmet as he was tackled and he mistook that action as some form of assault.  Lost in all of this is Garrett's hard take down of Rudolph on this play which should have been a roughing the passer penalty.  No reason for any of it with 8 seconds left in the game. 

Garrett deserves a year long suspension and mandatory anger management training.   Image if this assault would have been on Lamar?  

Ridiculous. I was watching the game as well. It was the most interesting thing to happen in the game. No one got injured.  So there is zero reason to suspend someone for a year.  I was laughing while it happened. If someone were injured then you give out a long suspension but you don't give that for heat of the moment infractions.  

I was here when Ray Rice knocked out his wife and I was about the only one on here saying he should receive at least 8 game suspension.  Everyone else was defending him.  So if a player hits another player with the soft part of his helmet he deserves a year long suspension?  For what reason?   He didn't hurt the player.  You had two Steeler receivers received concussions from hits to the head.  Yet no one is calling for any type of suspension in those cases.  Rudolph was given a concussion during a Raven game and no one was suspended.