Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

2019 #10 Prospect: Hunter Harvey

Recommended Posts

Another reason to look forward to the 2020 season.  I know a lot of us are looking forward to AR, Gray-Rod, Hall...but if Harvey can stay healthy and bolster the back of the bullpen...and if Hays can show that he's a legit player, 2020 will be fun.

Harvey's stuff is electric.  Of course, it's all about staying healthy for that dude.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also in regards to Harvey, I remember when he was drafted and when he was suffering his injuries, he was a stringbean.  Super skinny.

Now he looks like he's eaten a few burgers and milkshakes.  I'm not sure if added bulk will help insulate him from injuries but I can't believe it'll lead to more issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also in regards to Harvey, I remember when he was drafted and when he was suffering his injuries, he was a stringbean.  Super skinny.

Now he looks like he's eaten a few burgers and milkshakes.  I'm not sure if added bulk will help insulate him from injuries but I can't believe it'll lead to more issues.

Oh, he has grown into that projectable body for sure. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Another reason to look forward to the 2020 season.  I know a lot of us are looking forward to AR, Gray-Rod, Hall...but if Harvey can stay healthy and bolster the back of the bullpen...and if Hays can show that he's a legit player, 2020 will be fun.

Harvey's stuff is electric.  Of course, it's all about staying healthy for that dude.

Hopefully Elias and company have some good ideas on how to keep guys like Harvey and Hays healthy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Hopefully Elias and company have some good ideas on how to keep guys like Harvey and Hays healthy.

im sure Elias has a plan.

Heres hoping that plan is successful. :)

:new_beer:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philip said:

Well I guess my thought he could still be a starter was futile. I guess that’s why he slid this far.

Yeah. I was a little surprised to see they listed his ceiling as a 1st division closer. I wonder how much debate went into that. Can't argue with the logic. If they simplify his plan, there's no reason he can't refine his remaining pitches more and let his stuff really play up out of the pen. Nothing wrong with that. 

*whispers...I still hope he starts 2020 as a starter in Norfolk even though I doubt that's the plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Health, health, health.   
 
Did I mention health?

I liked what I saw last season.   Command is just so-so, but in short bursts it shouldn’t matter much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Yeah. I was a little surprised to see they listed his ceiling as a 1st division closer. I wonder how much debate went into that. Can't argue with the logic. If they simplify his plan, there's no reason he can't refine his remaining pitches more and let his stuff really play up out of the pen. Nothing wrong with that. 

*whispers...I still hope he starts 2020 as a starter in Norfolk even though I doubt that's the plan. 

The idea behind that is that we think he's going to stay in the pen. Without looking at medicals, I can't say what I'd personally do, but I think he could start, it depends on how much feel for secondaries improves with reps/healthy offseason. As a starter, he's got a hair more stuff than Baumann but significantly more injury and performance risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Harvey is no longer the skeleton that he once was, and is being handled by people who know what they are doing( I hope they do), let us see if he really is a backend reliever or something different. The skeleton body he had a few yrs. ago was totally different than what he has now.   Let us see how far the new body  takes  Harvey now.  Plz do not check the grammar too closely, as it has been a Tennessee  Fire afternoon.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still holding out hope that he gets tried as a starter at some point down the road. If not late inning reliever is not a bad floor at all, is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...