Sign in to follow this  
weams

Thank You for Your Service

My office has quite a few veterans.   Today for the second straight year we are having a pinning ceremony for one of our vets who is still in the reserves and is receiving a promotion.   It’s pretty cool.   

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

As I veteran I appreciate the mention.

The Army was part of my life that I look back on with Pride. As an 18 year old it allowed me to mature much faster that I would have otherwise. I served during Desert Shield but didn’t see any action. 

I recognize the guys that fought in the wars. A little extra for those injured in combat or paid the ultimate sacrifice. 

I’m proud to be a veteran of the military of the greatest country in the world.

Regards,

John

Thank you and all of your brothers and sisters who kept us safe. 

• Upvote 1

On Veterans Day I'm eternally grateful to all who served in the armed services, especially Tony, but since this is the Oriole Hangout it's good that we take a minute to remember Al Bumbry, one of just 10 MLB players to serve in Vietnam.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/9/al-bumbry-former-oriole-learned-lessons-vietnam/

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

On Veterans Day I'm eternally grateful to all who served in the armed services, especially Tony, but since this is the Oriole Hangout it's good that we take a minute to remember Al Bumbry, one of just 10 MLB players to serve in Vietnam.  

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/9/al-bumbry-former-oriole-learned-lessons-vietnam/

Great read.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

Thank you and all of your brothers and sisters who kept us safe. 

And the families left at home to manage life while worrying about their loved one(s).

• Upvote 3

Also for the non profits and volunteers and caregivers who help veterans during the transition to  civilian life as best they can. 

I saw this on NBC News last night. A band of brothers great story. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/veterans-with-incredible-bond-hike-together-one-carrying-the-other-on-his-back-73250885996

• Upvote 2

Thank you. My Family has a lot of Service years. My Step Father did 3 and a half years of Combat in WWII. I was in the USMC and my son Edward is at Infantry training for the Marines at Camp Geiger right now. My Father in law is a retired Air Force Officer and served in Vietnam. And my Mother in law who passed about 10 years ago was retired Army. Not to mention all of my Uncles who fought in WWII.  I am very proud to have served even though I was never close to Combat. Thank you to all our Vets. You have my respect forever.

• Upvote 4

My neighbors are both Vets - one active duty Air Force and his wife works for a contractor now. They are getting massages today. I told them to request the masseuses hum The Battle Hymn of the Republic while they rubbed their calves.

Thank you to all Veterans, combat or non-combat. Time away from your families is always sacrifice.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

My office has quite a few veterans.   Today for the second straight year we are having a pinning ceremony for one of our vets who is still in the reserves and is receiving a promotion.   It’s pretty cool.   

Learned a lot about my colleague at the pinning ceremony.   She served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan.    She was the first female officer to train a squadron of male Marines at Quantico.    She has had three siblings who were Marines, one of whom died in the line of duty.    Her father was there to see the ceremony, along with her family.    It was an awesome thing to behold.    Our firm has a long tradition of hiring veterans and I’m really proud to have colleagues like this.    

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

A good friend of mine is now USMC-ret. who fought in Desert Shield.  His father before him was a Marine and next summer his son will be commissioned in the US Navy.  When you thank his family for their service, he replies simply,"My honor."