Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Game 10: Ravens VS Texans

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2019 at 18:00

Ravens are currently listed as 4 point favorites at home.

Our defenses rank nearly identical in points allowed,  but we have scored 300 points this season while they have scored 238.   A Texans defender would likely point out that they wish they could play the Bengals twice and the Dolphins once........so SOS is likely a factor here.

I think this will be a really competitive game.    The Texans beat a Mahomes-led Chiefs team back in October.  Lamar will certainly be the X factor, as per the usual arrangement.

Any reaction to the Texans acquiring Vernon Hargreaves yesterday?    He is a former 1st round pick from 2016.   Sounds like he is a talented player but can 'lose focus' or something.  Seems odd for the Buccaneers (who have I believe the worst pass defense in football if not close to it) to release him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28073778/texans-claim-cb-vernon-hargreaves-waivers

I think this is a pretty tough matchup facing a good team that is coming off a bye, the Texans also use a lot of no huddle which tends to give the Ravens defense trouble.

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

Any reaction to the Texans acquiring Vernon Hargreaves yesterday?    He is a former 1st round pick from 2016.   Sounds like he is a talented player but can 'lose focus' or something.  Seems odd for the Buccaneers (who have I believe the worst pass defense in football if not close to it) to release him?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28073778/texans-claim-cb-vernon-hargreaves-waivers

Honestly. I'd be surprised if Hargreaves is ready to do anything of impact for our game. Sure they could put him on the outside playing man to man on our WR #1 or #2. 

I dont know why I have this game close.....I'm going with 33-16 until someone proves that they can handle our revamped secondary. 

Interesting info

Per R Mink:

Sam Koch is still the best punter in the NFL, but his Pro Bowl candidacy is hampered by a lack of punts.

His 21 punts are the fewest in the NFL among the 32 full-time punters. He's on pace for just 37 punts. Previous career-low was 60 (2014 and 2018).

Surprised the doubters havent pointed this out yet as a downside when you score on every possession.   😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomic said:

With Peters, Humphrey and Jimmy Smith at corner I don’t see them losing this one at home.  

The MO the last two games was to put humphrey on shadow coverage of their best WR.  It will be interesting to see how they threat Hopkins this week.

The ravens will have to be careful with the Houston TEs as they have been playing well and under the radar.

Hyde doesnt scare me much.

Statistically the teams seem pretty evenly matched.  Texans 19th overall defense in yards allowed.  Ravens 15th.    Ravens 2nd most yards per game offense.  Texans 4th.   Rushing Ravens 1st, Texans 4th. 

Of course the Texans haven't played the Bengals and the Dolphins so I would call it pretty much even.  

I think the difference is the Ravens haven't lost when they had 2 good cornerbacks on the field.  If they can stop the run they should be able to win. 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, atomic said:

Statistically the teams seem pretty evenly matched.  Texans 19th overall defense in yards allowed.  Ravens 15th.    Ravens 2nd most yards per game offense.  Texans 4th.   Rushing Ravens 1st, Texans 4th. 

Of course the Texans haven't played the Bengals and the Dolphins so I would call it pretty much even.  

I think the difference is the Ravens haven't lost when they had 2 good cornerbacks on the field.  If they can stop the run they should be able to win. 

You have to take these numbers with a grain of salt. The Ravens gave up 500+ yards in week 3 & 4 and are much better now. Last week their defense owned Minshew and that helped their over all stats.

Even with that they have allowed 370 yards per game over the last three games compared to approximately 330 by the Ravens. the Ravens had 2+ turnovers during that span. The Texans got 4 against the Jags but none against Oakland and 1 against Indy. Not to mention we had the Seahawks and Patriots during that stretch.

I think our defense clearly has the edge.

Without Watts and being at home makes me think this a very winnable game as long the Ravens don't beat themselves.

Ravens 30. Texans 23

Uggh, got a gift from Watson who tried to be Jackson, then Jackson missed a couple of throws and Tucker misses a 43 yard FG. Weird start.

Just got home.

Honestly, I think this is 50/50.  If we consistently throw the ball against that secondary, I think we win.  If we waste time trying to force the run, I think Houston's offense could easily threaten this defense.  I like the addition of Peters to the secondary, but I really do not like this D-line without Pierce.

Judon is playing like a beast.  Ravens get lucky on a clear no call PI on 4th down but the Texans are challenging.  Has one of these been overturned yet?