Sign in to follow this  
weams

New Start Times

10 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

The Yankees do the same thing the Orioles are doing -- all their weeknight games before Memorial Day start at 6:35.

Are there a lot of families at Yankees games? Or is it mostly corporate people going after work?  

On 11/16/2019 at 10:13 AM, fansince1988 said:

Do you think they can charge more after 10:30-11, than before 7?

I still want to know what MASN's commercial revenues are.  Does Stanley Steamer and 876-LUNA really pay the Orioles millions a year?  I'd guess it's more like low six figures, but just a guess.  Any difference between 6:30-7 and 10:30-11 could well be in the thousands of dollars a year.

29 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I still want to know what MASN's commercial revenues are.  Does Stanley Steamer and 876-LUNA really pay the Orioles millions a year?  I'd guess it's more like low six figures, but just a guess.  Any difference between 6:30-7 and 10:30-11 could well be in the thousands of dollars a year.

I doubt they get more than run of station rate for any of those. Who would pay big money to advertise on a region network with very little reach. 

What isn't noted is that all Saturday games from the beginning of the season through June will be at 4:05. I find that to be a much more significant and favorable change.

As for the 6:35 games, it is better for watching at home on tv, I can see how it is annoying for families that live in the suburbs, but how many of them come to mid-week games when school is in session anyway?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

What isn't noted is that all Saturday games from the beginning of the season through June will be at 4:05. I find that to be a much more significant and favorable change.

As for the 6:35 games, it is better for watching at home on tv, I can see how it is annoying for families that live in the suburbs, but how many of them come to mid-week games when school is in session anyway?

Unless, like me, you rarely leave the office before 6:30.     Oh well, something to listen to during drive time, I suppose.    And, I’ll be awake at the end!

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And, I’ll be awake at the end!

To me this is the key. Especially for kids.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The best thing that could happen for us would be teams falling in love with Castellanos as a FA and some team really over pay for him like the White Sox. Something like 4/60. Something like that would really make Mancini look like an an attractive option.  Mancini to the Cubs might be the best fit I can see. They need a RH COF bat. They just saw how valuable Castellanos was for them. Their OF isn’t huge, so Mancini’s D wouldn’t kill them. Plus, it appears they are trying to keep paryroll down. 
    • I think the Tigers valued their top pick in the Rule 5 draft, and wanted the flexibility to draft two players. Or at least draft two and then trade on draft day. It’s a good way to pick up int’l slot money. 
    • Seattle making “good” baseball moves?  This is weird. All but guarantees that Navarez will be an AS next year.  Navarez is a good example of how we do have the advantage of picking up players, giving them MLB ABs, and then seeing what their value is once they establish themselves. 
    • As we found out with Garcia and Araujo. Even if we successfully carry them on our 26 man roster, are they even worth the 40 man spot the following season? I’d like to see us come away with a potential IF piece for the future. That could be a guy like Rojas, or a guy like Newton/Javier. Also, I’d like to see us snag an arm. Sharpe, Sheffield or Brown. 
    • He can reach out to his trade partner, Dennis Sarfate, who made a successful jump to NPB. He made a couple million a year over there and was wise to embrace the culture and build a business/brand around himself. Not a massive opportunity but better than AAA back here. You’re treated very well. Many players who go over don’t see this opportunity. (I lived in japan for a couple years and worked with many ex mlb guys)
    • Jim Callis--13 names to watch ahead of the Rule 5 Draft: https://www.mlb.com/news/rule-5-draft-names-to-watch?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage
    • Having been to both places I agree 100%.
  • Popular Contributors