Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hallas

What do you guys think about watching NFL games in the stadium?

What do you guys think about watching NFL games in the stadium?  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you guys think about watching NFL games in the stadium?

    • Watch it at home.
      6
    • Go to the game, nosebleeds be damned
      6


Recommended Posts

I'm debating whether to buy tix to the Rams/Ravens game this weekend.  I live in LA (obviously) and so the Ravens come to town about twice a decade.  That said. I'd probably buy the nosebleeds, as I can't really stomach the idea of paying $500 for a pair of decent seats.  What do you think about buying tickets to watch live?  I've only seen college games at the stadium (a couple UMD games and one USC game.) Never NFL games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say go. Unless you have a bunch of people and can party at your place, might as well go and experience it live once, especially since the Ravens don't get out there too often. Use a site like Aviewfrommyseat or some site like that and see your view before you buy the tickets. My seats are one step away from heaven but we are in the corner of the end zone and have a fantastic  view despite sometimes feeling like we need an oxygen tank.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got rid of our lower tickets and bought four seats up top. Like it a lot more up there - people are more fun and you get that top down view to see the plays develop.

so yes, go to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, the nosebleeds are normally the best seats. You can be up top and see the play develop, where everyone is, route combos, etc. Plus the fans up top normally get louder. I would recommend looking at the view from the seats on sites like seatgeek before you buy tickets just as a precautionary measure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to go ... but the scalp prices were ridiculous.

Something needs to be done to get these back in the hands of fans who want to go to the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be in town for the week and was surprised to see the tickets in the $30-$40 range for the 300's.  (Cheapseats, stubhub)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I wanted to go ... but the scalp prices were ridiculous.

Something needs to be done to get these back in the hands of fans who want to go to the games.

Its like high 30s for high corner seats.  I thought that was reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it matter being around midfield?  Are corner seats okay?  All the college games I've been to we've been seated midfield, but obviously when the game's on the opposite side of the field you might need binoculars.  Price difference is pretty big for midfield vs corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I attend one or two Ravens games a season and watch the rest on TV. Football is just better on TV and you don't have to deal with the giant crowd getting home after the game. With that being said, I'd goto the game in LA this weekend if I lived there. Tickets are fairly cheap for that game on stubhb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I wanted to go ... but the scalp prices were ridiculous.

Something needs to be done to get these back in the hands of fans who want to go to the games.

I know two people with season tickets.  One is a doctor and one is an attorney.  Tickets are in the hands of fans.  They just make more money than us.  Although I got great seats for last years playoff game for 250 dollars a pop.

i find football better on TV and baseball and hockey better in person. But if you have never been before you should go.  I have only sat in upper deck once at a Redskins home game and it wasn’t too bad. 
 

Football games are more about drinking beer, yelling loud and high fiving than actually seeing the game well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hallas said:

Its like high 30s for high corner seats.  I thought that was reasonable.

I was on ticket exchange and vivid seats there was nothing under $75.00 and that was before they add the surcharges at checkout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, atomic said:

I know two people with season tickets.  One is a doctor and one is an attorney.  Tickets are in the hands of fans.  They just make more money than us.  Although I got great seats for last years playoff game for 250 dollars a pop.

i find football better on TV and baseball and hockey better in person. But if you have never been before you should go.  I have only sat in upper deck once at a Redskins home game and it wasn’t too bad. 
 

Football games are more about drinking beer, yelling loud and high fiving than actually seeing the game well.

I've been many times and even in the club box and private seat areas. 

I enjoyed the stadium experience just not at the marked up prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should attend the Rams game.  We have never been to other NFL stadiums but go to 1 Ravens game a year here in Baltimore and really enjoy it.  We usually sit in the upper level in a corner end zone section and like the view.  For things we miss there are the Jumbotrons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I've been many times and even in the club box and private seat areas. 

I enjoyed the stadium experience just not at the marked up prices.

It is supply and demand.  The stadium sells out so its not like they are overpriced.  Orioles games most of the seats are empty , so you could make an argument that they are overpriced.  But I doubt if the seats were free for every game they would have much more attendance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hallas said:

Does it matter being around midfield?  Are corner seats okay?  All the college games I've been to we've been seated midfield, but obviously when the game's on the opposite side of the field you might need binoculars.  Price difference is pretty big for midfield vs corner.

If it’s the LA Coliseum, just don’t be around the press boxes and you’ll be fine view wise. As for a game at M&T Bank, it doesn’t matter. Sight lines are amazing at the stadium no matter where you are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...