Roll Tide

Rule 5 thoughts

I guess the heavy lifting was done last week with the Villar giveaway and Bundy trade.  (Hoping this is a reverse jinx kind of thing and we make an interesting, if not exciting, move).

1 hour ago, 7Mo said:

Agreed with the only difference being I think we likely take one in the minor league phase also. 

That's not what people have meant when they say take 3 but it'd be a third. 

Fair, I've taken enough times to basically know the major league Rule V.  I've definitely never bothered with the minor league version.  I hope our team uses it well, but I barely know the names for major leagues even  after Luke tells me a bunch of them.  Haha

We've been throwing around name possibilities for major league level of rule five draft, but does anyone (cough, cough, @Luke-OH) have any info on possible minor league rule five possibilities?

Last year we took Taylor grover with the first pick of the minor league rule five, he was rumored to have hit 100 mph pre-draft but didn't do much at Bowie. 

2 hours ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

We've been throwing around name possibilities for major league level of rule five draft, but does anyone (cough, cough, @Luke-OH) have any info on possible minor league rule five possibilities?

Last year we took Taylor grover with the first pick of the minor league rule five, he was rumored to have hit 100 mph pre-draft but didn't do much at Bowie. 

Without the AAA protection list, I’m helpless here. And as far as I know, it’s not publicly available.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I thought Luke was going to post about his choices. Have I missed it? Was it mixed in somewhere with this particular post?

It’ll be on the Front page of the site when you wake up in the morning.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

It’ll be on the Front page of the site when you wake up in the morning.

You are kind, Luke. I know this is a lot of work, and I appreciate it, and I’m sure everybody on this site does as well.

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, interloper said:

Thursday. In which a majority of Roch's tweets that day will be about how early he can catch his flight back home. 

It has begun.

The airport jokes that is.

• Upvote 1

Did we pick some Quad A castoff yet?  I know I said I wouldn't check in for 24-48 hours after but today at work is a bit slow, I've caught up on all my stuff.  And quite frankly, I want to see who we pick so I can assume that they'll be terrible and make fun of anyone who's excited about it.  

(Don't worry, it's not personal.  Unless it's atomic.)

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Did we pick some Quad A castoff yet?  I know I said I wouldn't check in for 24-48 hours after but today at work is a bit slow, I've caught up on all my stuff.  And quite frankly, I want to see who we pick so I can assume that they'll be terrible and make fun of anyone who's excited about it.  

Come on, someone could be the next Randor Bierd!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I didn't know the trade portion wouldn't be announced until the draft was over so the suspense will continue to build!!

Cooper feels there is a chance the Orioles could essentially trade their pick today, which is No. 2 after Detroit selects No. 1.

Were that to happen, unless something has changed from last year, the Orioles would make a selection and the trade would be announced after the draft ends. They got Drew Jackson that way last year. He was selected by Philadelphia and acquired by the O’s after the draft.

Just now, 7Mo said:

I didn't know the trade portion wouldn't be announced until the draft was over so the suspense will continue to build!!

Cooper feels there is a chance the Orioles could essentially trade their pick today, which is No. 2 after Detroit selects No. 1.

Were that to happen, unless something has changed from last year, the Orioles would make a selection and the trade would be announced after the draft ends. They got Drew Jackson that way last year. He was selected by Philadelphia and acquired by the O’s after the draft.

Drew Jackson, an integral part of our spring training roster, don't forget.