Sign in to follow this  
Carllamy

Baysox uniform observation

Bowie recently had an auction for game worn uniforms. As no one had bid on it, I placed a minimum bid on Hunter Harvey's game-worn road gray uniform jersey and won.

It arrived at my house, and I noticed that the lettering and symbols on it were not sewn-on patches as with the major league uniforms. The letter which came with the uniform from Phil Wry, Assistant General Manager of the Baysox, describes the jersey as "the size 48 jersey is an official Rawlings manufactured jersey. All the lettering, numbering, club marks and patches are fully sublimated into the fabric of the jersey. There is no player name on this jersey."

I'm going to assume that everything is printed on the jersey, because it all doesn't even feel like the pictures you get pressed onto tee shirts down at ocean city. I've never seen a jersey like it before.

Also, it smells vaguely like men's cologne, so I'm not sure the jersey was laundered after it was game-worn and before it was shipped to me.

Now, if only the O's actually do something in place of Fan Fest, I can get Hunter Harvey to autograph it. I think it would be cool have a game-worn jersey autographed by the player who wore it.

I can't speak directly to Bowie's road jersey as I cannot recall having seen Bowie on the road in a long time.  However, most of the visiting teams through Bowie and other minor leagues, Aberdeen and Frederick, seem to have the same type of jersey you describe.  I think mostly it is a cost issue, in that these are cheaper as what I've seen doesn't look well made.  My assumption is the jersey was laundered.  The last game he played in Bowie may not have been known to be his last game there at the time and they washed it to prepare for next road game or series.