Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Games 12 49ERS at RAVENS

Ravens or 49ERS  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/1/2019 at 18:00

Ravens are 9 - 2  1ST PLACE IN THE DIVISION AND 2ND SEEDED TEAM IN THE AFC (Partly to do with the Patriots ridiculous home field). Former NFL REF John Parry said that the 2 tripping calls were absurd. They destroyed 2 Cowboy drives that included 1 on the 12 yard line.

The 49ERS are 10 - 1 1ST IN THEIR DIVISION AND 1ST SEED IN THE NFC

COMMON OPPONENTS                                      49ERS                                                RAVENS

CARDINALS                                            W 36-26 (home) W 28-25 (away)             W 23 - 17 (home) (SEASON OPENER)

SEAHAWKS                                                    L 27 - 24 (home)                                W 30 - 16 (away)

RAMS                                                              W 20 - 7    (home)                                 W 45 - 6 (away)

STEELERS                                                       W 24 - 20  (home)                               W 26 - 23 (away)

RAVENS ENTER THE GAME RANKED #1 IN THE POWER RANKINGS FOR 1ST TIME IN MANY SEASONS.

team logo
Ravens
Can anybody slow down Lamar Jackson and the offense? It doesn't look like it. The defense is getting better as well. But here come the 49ers. -- 9-2-0
team logo
Patriots
They are winning games, but the offense remains a major concern. Is it fixable? It better be. -- 10-1-0
team logo
49ers
They just beat the daylights out of the Packers. They dominated in every facet of the game. They are legit, but we'll know how legit after they play at Baltimore and at New Orleans. -- 10-1-0
team logo
Seahawks
At 9-2, they are clearly in the chase to be the top seed in the conference. They face a big one against the Vikings this week, but the defense is improving. 3 9-2-0
team logo
Saints
It wasn't pretty against the Panthers, but they found a way. But play that way against good teams and it's going to kill them. -- 9-2-0
team logo
Packers
That was a horrible showing against the 49ers. The good news is the schedule is soft the rest of the way, other than one game against the Vikings. 2 8-3-0
team logo
Vikings
They come off their bye with a tough road game at Seattle. It really is a big game for Kirk Cousins. 1 8-3-0
team logo
Bills
They look to be in good shape for a playoff berth, but now the schedule toughens up in a big way. Their game at Dallas Thursday will be fun. -- 8-3-0
team logo
Texans
They are alone in first place in the division race, but now have to face the Patriots at home. They've struggled with them in most of the games so they have a lot to prove. 3 7-4-0
team logo
Chiefs
They come off their bye with a big game against the Raiders. If they win it, the division is over. That's a big one. 5 7-4-0

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-13-power-rankings-patriots-49ers-have-historic-defenses-in-era-of-wide-open-offenses/

Prediction Ravens 35 - 16

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Fun fact: 

The Ravens are the #2 team in the ESPN power rankings.   Behind New England.  🙄

How is  that possible? Record? The person putting that together is an idiot.

We owned them in the head to head matchup and they needed the Refs to beat the mediocre Cowboys.

If you said that they 49ERS or SAINTS I might be buying it as a possibility.

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Aglets' game threads have us on a 7 game winning streak, risky to switch it up. 😛

I wasn't gonna say anything.  :) 

It's good that people are excited.

I didn't know this but evidently to flex a game it has to be done by the preceding Tuesday. So anyone thinking that the big 49ers matchup is moving to Sunday night... not happening.

24 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I didn't know this but evidently to flex a game it has to be done by the preceding Tuesday. So anyone thinking that the big 49ers matchup is moving to Sunday night... not happening.

Apparently Fox didn't want to give it up.  I can't say I blame them.  Also the Ravens played a marquee matchup already on SNF.

I will say that along with maybe Romo, Cris Collinsworth is probably my favorite announcer, so I'm a bit sad he's not calling another Ravens game.

3 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Aglets' game threads have us on a 7 game winning streak, risky to switch it up. 😛

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

I wasn't gonna say anything.  :) 

It's good that people are excited.

Actually put a lot of effort into the thread! Had nothing to do with stealing the thunder!

7 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Matt Skura is out for the season

Mekari played well.  Hopefully they can bring in a capable backup.  The nice thing is as long as Mekari gets the calls he has a lot of experience around him.

27 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Mekari played well.  Hopefully they can bring in a capable backup.  The nice thing is as long as Mekari gets the calls he has a lot of experience around him.

How bad was that contract that gave James Hurst? He isn't even the first man up when one of the lineman goes down. I was expecting Hurst to come in at LG last night and Bozeman to move to C.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Applefeld was resigned to the practice squad on 11/21 and is an OLineman. They must like him as they brought him back twice now.

45 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

How bad was that contract that gave James Hurst? He isn't even the first man up when one of the lineman goes down. I was expecting Hurst to come in at LG last night and Bozeman to move to C.

I'm surprised Bozeman didn't slide over as he's a natural Center

I have no idea what's going to happen on Sunday, but the Ravens are destroying teams right now, and it's not exactly motivating me to spend $500 on a pair of tix to the game. I believe in my Niners because they play a very good brand of football, and they're absolutely a top 3 team when they're fully healthy (which they might just be by Sunday). Hopefully Kyle has something up his sleeve for this weekend that he hasn't show much yet this year. Defensively, if Ford is back, that's huge. I expect to see a ton of Dime packages to get our bevvy of quality DBs on the field to try to contain Lamar as much as possible. 

Neither team has seen another squad as good as they will this weekend so far this year. I think both teams are better than the Pats and Seahawks at this point, and likely the 2 best teams in the NFL. Could go either way, but I have to give the edge to the Ravens, even if it's just for home-field advantage. 

1 hour ago, Brian88 said:

Matt Skura is out for the season

Doesn't appear to be a big loss that folks are making it.

this from NFL.com

Skura is currently second in Pro Bowl voting, illustrating his popularity among Ravens and NFL fans. His departure due to injury will be difficult for his teammates to bear, but there's hope that his absence won't be as noticeable at least in one phase of Baltimore's offense. Pro Football Focus ranks Skura as the NFL's 22nd best center in pass blocking with a grade of 63.9, which places him directly behind veteran Eagles center Jason Kelce, but well off the mark established by the league's elite.