MurphDogg

Winter Warm-up, Birdland Brunch, and Brews and O's

My parents talk about Hutzlers occasionally, but only the one that used to stand on Howard Street.

I hope they revive Howard Street along with the Lexington Market rebuild. It would make the area around Camden Yards such a nice place to be.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

So there wasn't a Hutzler's at Columbia Mall?

I guess it was just Hecht's and Woodward & Lothrop there.   And maybe Sears?   I think it always had 3 anchor stores with a Y-shaped floor plan.

No the Y shape was an addition.  The original anchors were Hoschild's Kohn and Woodies.  I remember going to the mall in the mid 70's on a field trip and they were shearing sheep in the mall and selling wool.  And had all sorts of farm animals. One of my classmates from a very large family (they were poor)  went into the fountain  and started taking out coins.  He was caught my a teacher and had to go to dention for a week.  It has expanded multiple times and gotten a little more upscale. 

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

No the Y shape was an addition.  The original anchors were Hoschild's Kohn and Woodies.  I remember going to the mall in the mid 70's on a field trip and they were shearing sheep in the mall and selling wool.  And had all sorts of farm animals. One of my classmates from a very large family (they were poor)  went into the fountain  and started taking out coins.  He was caught my a teacher and had to go to dention for a week.  It has expanded multiple times and gotten a little more upscale. 

Oh yeah, Hoschild Kohn, forgot about them.   Yeah, there's a Lord and Taylor's now.   And all the old Baltimore area department stores (Hechts, Woodies, HK, Hutzlers) are completely gone I believe.

Brunch was nice.Three types of pancakes,eggs,potatoes, muffins,coffee cake and three juices and many coffees and teas.No giveaways but face painting, caricatures and photos.Means and Kline were very nice.Means is a big Chiefs fan since he grew up near there.He would have came to Baltimore if Ravens played the Chiefs.Not going to the Super Bowl ,too expensive. He said he did go to the World Series when KC was in it a few years back.The many trains was also great.Going through many is always nice. Kline said when his kid gets older he will take him there.About 75 people or so.

24 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Brunch was nice.Three types of pancakes,eggs,potatoes, muffins,coffee cake and three juices and many coffees and teas.No giveaways but face painting, caricatures and photos.Means and Kline were very nice.Means is a big Chiefs fan since he grew up near there.He would have came to Baltimore if Ravens played the Chiefs.Not going to the Super Bowl ,too expensive. He said he did go to the World Series when KC was in it a few years back.The many trains was also great.Going through many is always nice. Kline said when his kid gets older he will take him there.About 75 people or so.

I'd say there were easily twice that many people, at least for the breakfast. I don't know how many stuck around for the press conference; we left before that.

1 hour ago, PaulFolk said:

I'd say there were easily twice that many people, at least for the breakfast. I don't know how many stuck around for the press conference; we left before that.

Perhaps For the press conference was about 65 or so.Some might have been walking outside in or around the trains.