MurphDogg

Winter Warm-up, Birdland Brunch, and Brews and O's

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It has yet to show its business model is profitable.  It has raised a great deal of money(90M) and spent a lot of it.

I'm not an expert and I'm not predicting anything but it seems possible.

Interest rates are so low and so much cash out there.  They will keep expanding to new markets to show growth.  Once they run out of markets to expand to or we hit a recession they will go belly up.  

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

I agree this thing appears to have been a disaster.   But is it really under Elias's purview?   Or is it more on the PR side of things?

I think Elias has other things to worry about. Maybe the thing next month if it comes to fruition will be better. I suggested do the Oriole signings across the state at the stadiums with current,former and minor league players. Mascots also from each team . Do one in Frederick,Bowie,Salisbury and the Naval Academy. York also if they can do it at Peoples Bank Stadium.Of course have the #1 draft pick at Camden Yards. Birdland members should get a free gift and a personal  meet and greet. Still looks like January 18th or January 25 and or 26th. 

Looks like very small crowd at the event and Elias signed in his office?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I think Elias has other things to worry about. Maybe the thing next month if it comes to fruition will be better. I suggested do the Oriole signings across the state at the stadiums with current,former and minor league players. Mascots also from each team . Do one in Frederick,Bowie,Salisbury and the Naval Academy. York also if they can do it at Peoples Bank Stadium.Of course have the #1 draft pick at Camden Yards. Birdland members should get a free gift and a personal  meet and greet. Still looks like January 18th or January 25 and or 26th. 

Looks like very small crowd at the event and Elias signed in his office?

Well no one told me they put Santa hats on the statues!  They changes everything!  How festive!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well no one told me they put Santa hats on the statues!  They changes everything!  How festive!

They were going to put Santa hats on Sig,Mike and Hyde but analytics advised against it.

Perfect song for the Warm Up.

There's bells and there's holly, the kids are gung-ho
True love finds a kiss beneath fresh mistletoe
Some families are messed up while others are fine
If you think yours is crazy, well you should see mine

On 12/17/2019 at 11:30 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

If you're looking for Faith and Hope, you can find them dancing on the block tonight at 10pm.  We're rebuilding, it is what it is.  

Cinnamon Stix and Kandi Kane, too.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, O'sFan31 said:

Any one hearing anything else about a fan event soon?

They announced a couple new events last week for season ticket holders.

Birdland Brunch at the B&O
Join the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday, January 25th from 8:00 a.m-11:00 a.m. at the B&O Railroad Museum (901 W. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21223) for a one-of-a-kind event that is fun for the whole family! Enjoy a pancake breakfast, a press conference run by the kids featuring Orioles players John Means and Brendan Kline, admission into the B&O Museum, photo booth, face painting, caricature artists, an appearance by the Oriole Bird and more.

Brews and O’s
Join the Baltimore Orioles staff and players John Means and Brendan Kline on January 23rd, 2020 from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Raw Bar (2809 Boston Street, Baltimore, MD 21224) for a Q&A hosted by The Baltimore Sun sports reporters Jon Meoli and Nathan Ruiz. Enjoy beer, wine, passed appetizers and a special appearance by the Oriole Bird at this Birdland Members-only event.

48 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

They announced a couple new events last week for season ticket holders.

Birdland Brunch at the B&O
Join the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday, January 25th from 8:00 a.m-11:00 a.m. at the B&O Railroad Museum (901 W. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21223) for a one-of-a-kind event that is fun for the whole family! Enjoy a pancake breakfast, a press conference run by the kids featuring Orioles players John Means and Brendan Kline, admission into the B&O Museum, photo booth, face painting, caricature artists, an appearance by the Oriole Bird and more.

Brews and O’s
Join the Baltimore Orioles staff and players John Means and Brendan Kline on January 23rd, 2020 from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Raw Bar (2809 Boston Street, Baltimore, MD 21224) for a Q&A hosted by The Baltimore Sun sports reporters Jon Meoli and Nathan Ruiz. Enjoy beer, wine, passed appetizers and a special appearance by the Oriole Bird at this Birdland Members-only event.

Oh you have to be a season ticket holder.  Those three people can have fun.  

• Downvote 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:59 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I don't recall her work so I'm going to have to disagree with you.  I'm talking the type of activity that gets picked up by the internet at large.  I don't recall seeing that from the O's last year. 

This is the most predictable reply I have ever read on OH. 

On 12/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, TonySoprano said:

MASN crashes before the Athletic is my guess.  5 months a year, it carries little to no original content.  During the baseball season, you get the yin/yang of the worst (or 2nd worst) team in baseball and the current Champs.

Sounds like a recipe for success.

17 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

This is the most predictable reply I have ever read on OH. 

Did I skip a step that you needed?

If Oliva had been as proficient as Interloper was claiming I believe I would have recalled her work.

That better?  Sorry if I don't go slow enough for you on occasion.

Details here. It would be nice if they would do something with the players near where I live in Downtown Baltimore. Some sort of Fest for the local Fans here. Maybe at the Convention Center or even at the stadium. 

Alas.