weams

Thanks

Thank you, Weams. Thanks to Tony, Luke, and the whole crew at OH. Thanks to the many commenters who I communicate with on here more frequently than most family and friend. Even the commenters on here who I disagree with like that uncle at the dinner table who keeps talking nonsense. 

Happy Turkey Day, Birdland. 

• Upvote 1

Ditto, weams.     I’m grateful for this place and the people here, who share my passion for the O’s and give me a respite from the more serious problems of the world.    Best wishes to all for a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.    

• Upvote 1

+1. This place is great. Thanks to all the contributors and steady posters. It is a community of different people with the same passion for the O's. Love it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

.  .  .

I know folks have hard times and struggles and problems that they can't even find a way to express, but  I am thankful that those of the Orioles persuasion have this place to gather and let that stuff fade for moments, minutes, or more. 

. . .

Some ballclubs have some hard times and struggles, too.  😉

Thanks to Tony, Weams, Luke and everyone else who was or is responsible for keeping the Hangout going in the past, present and future. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Upvote 1

“In all things, give thanks.”

My list is too long, but it starts with music and my wife, and Continues with hope. In every maelstrom that life offers, there is always knowledge that it can get better and hope that it will.

“Win one more game today than you did yesterday, and all will be well.”

This is first of all to Tony and Weams, but also to everyone of the "Oriole persuasion", as  Michael described it. Tony, thank you for providing me a home after years wandering in the darkness in Oriole fandom, and Michael and your lovely "partner" who took me under your collective wings  years ago (Birds Nest?) to direct me to the street vendor with best Italian sausage. I have never regretted any time I devoted to this site (my employer would differ) over the years. As one of the older here (70) I lived the great years and just naively assumed it would always be so. I'm not going anywhere Tony, there is nowhere else I  want to be. Happy Turkey Day to all.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• It's not hard at all to put *BACK* on 25 lbs in 4-1/2 months. Especially for an experienced lifter with a trainer and nothing else to do all winter.
    • So from this link it looks like some of the preseason games which do not have radio broadcasts on 105.7 are listed as "Radio:  mlb.com".   I remember last year Melewski did a bunch of games that were online only and not over the airwaves.   I wonder if this is the same thing.   That would include the opener vs Atlanta Saturday. https://www.mlb.com/orioles/schedule/2020-02/list https://www.mlb.com/orioles/schedule/2020-03/list
    • The point I've been trying to make is that if he put on 25 pounds all of it isn't going to be muscle.  If you want to suggest that he put on 25 pounds and his body fat stayed consistent I'm fine with that.  It is more accurate to just say he gained 25 pounds, which is what he appears to be doing.
    • Yes, any trainer.  If he is putting in two workouts a day of heavy lifting, every day, a pound a week is achievable.   Being a gym rat has nothing to do with muscle size.  It also has to do with genetics, that's why teams looks for projectable players and whether they can add size or not.  Billy Hamilton is one who could spend days in the weight room and not be size of chris davis.  He can still put on muscle mass, but his body buildup is different.   I genetically have tree trunk thighs, I, from experience, cannot lift legs for months, but give me one month in the gym of leg work my legs are built as heck and I'm squatting 3-400 pounds.  I'm not making stuff up, while not a certified trainer, I have played on Coast Guard rugby team that placed 2nd in all Armed forces tournament, so I have worked with trainers, physical therapists, and those in the profession. As to the protein, I get piss tested being a service member and there is a list of banned substances just as in baseball and I steer away from the products that have crap in them anyways cause its generally garbage, as there are hardly any FDA regulations on these products and the claims they make aren't always true.   
    • IMO, one of his assets is his ability to work analytics into his broadcast. And he does it in a nonintrusive, almost inconspicuous manner (which is helpful for analytics semi-novices like me). 
    • If Mountcastle begins the season in the minors there is room for Smith on the 26 man roster.   He has an edge over Wilkerson because Smith is on the 40 man.   When Mountcastle is called up I would think Smith will be optioned depending of who is injured at the time. I still think Mountcastle gets most of this at bats a 1B.   Mancini  beginning the season at 1B and moving back to right field when Mountcastle is promoted.   With Diaz the RFer of the future I just don't see the reason to have  Mountcastle spend much time learning the outfield.
    • I miss Joe Angel (duh). I’ll actually miss Jim, too, despite the beating he seems to take from many here. For me, he's the voice of the Orioles, almost literally since I was born. The “modest 2-game (whatever) streak” I found to be almost an endearing quirk of sorts. He’s been a loyal soldier – hopefully the new role won’t marginalize him too much. Don’t know much about Garceau as a PBPer; I vaguely remember him calling Ravens games back in the day. He’s been out of the booth for a long time, so it’ll be interesting to see how quickly he re-acclimates himself. Sort of related, I’m glad Weinman is getting (what I think is) a better time slot. I’m not a daily listener of 105.7, but I always tend to stick around whenever he’s on. He knows his stuff, is passionate about his teams and has no qualms about speaking his mind about them, good, bad, or so-so. And does it in an engaging way, if that makes sense.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now