Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Ok, if we’re going to be bad, then...

Recommended Posts

This is what I have been trying to say for the past 12 months, but you said it much better.  I don't mind a rebuild but I do mind spending full prices for an inferior product.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Astros did it in 2012 when they were rebuilding. The Orioles need to do something besides cancelling Fanfest to get any support this year. 

The Astros on Monday announced several new, fan-friendly initiatives, including a reduction in ticket prices, rebates for season ticket holders and a revised policy on bringing food and beverages into Minute Maid Park.

The Astros low-priced, Outfield Deck seats have been reduced even lower, now costing $5 for adults and $1 for children ages 3–14 (adult tickets were $7 in 2011). With this reduction, a family of four can now attend an Astros game for $12, which is the best everyday value in the Houston sports market and less than a single movie theater ticket in some instances.

 

Additionally, the Astros have expanded the $5 beer special to include every permanent concession stand and permanent bar at Minute Maid Park where domestic beer is sold.

https://brianmctaggart.mlblogs.com/astros-lower-ticket-prices-c49a27098425

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philip said:

I think there’s no such thing as a bad win, but If Elias really thinks that “cosmetic” wins are meaningless, and dumping good players over insignificant salary is the order of the day, the organization should drop prices to almost nothing. Free parking, 1$ Hot Dogs, $5 tickets and so on. If the team is going to be willingly terrible, fine.

But don’t charge MLB prices. The team will make a profit regardless, and this would be a tremendous way to get fans into the seats even if the team is bad. But spending $200 for a family outing at the ballpark to watch the Bobsey Twins falling all over themselves on the diamond is disingenuous at best. 

Agree with this 100% and they really should be much more creative with their marketing, but I'm not sure the current regime has it in them. They need to get as creative as some of the minor league teams do try and fill the seats. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

This is what I have been trying to say for the past 12 months, but you said it much better.  I don't mind a rebuild but I do mind spending full prices for an inferior product.

So wait a couple months. Tickets will essential be free for certain dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philip said:

I think there’s no such thing as a bad win, but If Elias really thinks that “cosmetic” wins are meaningless, and dumping good players over insignificant salary is the order of the day, the organization should drop prices to almost nothing. Free parking, 1$ Hot Dogs, $5 tickets and so on. If the team is going to be willingly terrible, fine.

But don’t charge MLB prices. The team will make a profit regardless, and this would be a tremendous way to get fans into the seats even if the team is bad. But spending $200 for a family outing at the ballpark to watch the Bobsey Twins falling all over themselves on the diamond is disingenuous at best. 

Spot on.  Agreed 100%. Would require thinking outside the box, which the Orioles have actually shown the ability to do before (free kids tickets). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, weams said:

So wait a couple months. Tickets will essential be free for certain dates. 

I was able to sit within 6 rows of the field behind the dugouts and home plate all three games I went to last season and didn't pay more than $40 a ticket. 

Tickets can be gotten pretty cheap if you buy at the right time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theocean said:

I would totally buy a season ticket plan if MASN streaming was included.

MLB.tv is included with a season ticket plan. You just need to pay for a VPN (or use a free one, but you are better off paying for one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

MLB.tv is included with a season ticket plan. You just need to pay for a VPN (or use a free one, but you are better off paying for one).

What is the minimum amount of games you have to buy tickets to get MLB.tv included? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...