weams

Villar Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas

Rich Dubroff is stating that VIllar indeed passed through waivers. Uncertain what that means for the Marlins. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Well I’ll be a monkeys uncle. Write down this day; I was wrong once.

You're wrong.  This isn't the day you were wrong.   You were wrong the other day when you said what happened today wouldn't happen...... ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, foxfield said:

You're wrong.  This isn't the day you were wrong.   You were wrong the other day when you said what happened today wouldn't happen...... ;) 

Hmm what happened today that I said would t happen? I’m pretty open to surprises.

25 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Dumped Villar for nothing.  Alrighty.  I hope they aren't expecting to see me at Camden Yards this year.  

Seems rational.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Dumped Villar for nothing.  Alrighty.  I hope they aren't expecting to see me at Camden Yards this year.  

The Chris Davis compensation money dump continues...

Roch:  “I’ll pass along comments from executive vice president/general manager Mike Elias later tonight.”

Waiting with bated breath.   

Just now, Frobby said:

Roch:  “I’ll pass along comments from executive vice president/general manager Mike Elias later tonight.”

Waiting with bated breath.   

The Orioles 2019 draft was positionally top heavy. Acquiring a college starter that signed for a premium at his draft position is at least a flyer. 

I guess I don’t understand why we would want Villar next year. I couldn’t care less about losing Villar or what we get for him. Didn’t expect anything. Fine with salary dump no reason to spend 10 mill on him. 

• Upvote 3

This also fits the type Fangraphs pegged as the Marlins after the Gallen-Chisholm challenge trade.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-marlins-declare-their-type/

An interesting tidbit from that story - I am guessing Lucas is okay at Trackman.

I like that the Marlins appreciate flash, and sexy tools, and that they’re chasing them in trades, in the draft, and among international free-agents. A rival team source told me this week that Miami seemed much more willing to part with Trackman-friendly pitching than it was with their younger prospects in rookie ball.