Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

Middle Infield, Addison Russell and the Redemption Song

IMO, I think the Orioles should pass, for several reasons:

1) Russell's on-field performance is certainly questionable at this point.

2) Elias having come from Houston, and the controversy with Osuna there, would just be a bad optic.  I expect some in the media might connect dots in the effort to poop out a story.

3) This is Baltimore.  Ray Rice is still fresh in everyone's memory.  The Orioles bringing in Russell would re-kindle some of that, and it would become a story and a possible distraction that the O's don't need.

• Upvote 1

I won’t quote your post, @sgillespie31, but thanks for your insights.    I am now convinced we should pass on Russell even if he made sense from a purely baseball standpoint (which I’m not sure did anyway).     

But if you live in Canada, and have never been to Baltimore, how in the world did you become an Orioles fan?   Curious minds want to know!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I won’t quote your post, @sgillespie31, but thanks for your insights.    I am now convinced we should pass on Russell even if he made sense from a purely baseball standpoint (which I’m not sure did anyway).     

But if you live in Canada, and have never been to Baltimore, how in the world did you become an Orioles fan?   Curious minds want to know!

Which reminds me. When I was 8 years old the family went on a camping trip to Montreal. On a bluff overlooking the St. Lawrence river I stumbled upon an Oriole-Tiger game on my transistor radio. Must have been WBAL. All I remember now is that Earl Wilson was pitching for the Tigers. But I digress ...

I kind of changed my mind on Russell even before this gentleman's post.  I had thought it was possibly a one time incident less than a pattern of behavior. 

• Upvote 2

Fun stories!    We actually have a few Canadian posters here, with Canada or Canadian in their screen names.    Probably some others who haven’t admitted it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Even more curious, how did I approve the @rogers.com account assuming they have one! @sgillespie31 make sure you post here if you are going to make the trip so someone can greet you the OH way.